Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In My Opinion.....#3 Jordan Turner
07-12-2013, 09:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2013 09:30 PM by M_R7.)
Next player to come under the IMO spotlight is relative newcomer Jordan Turner. Lets have your thoughts on the ex Hull FC centre.

To be honest, I am yet to speak to a Saints fan who doesn't think that there is potential there with Turner. He's played in a Saints side this season that came into the season with two 'out and out' props (one being Josh Perry), and without a recognised Scrum-Half at the club. Despite that, he has shown signs that we can expect good things from him. He has shown plenty of promise with ball in hand, and despite injuries to those inside him, the defensive side of his game has improved dramatically since he signed for the club. With a bit more space, and hopefully with some improved combinations inside him next season, hopefully he can kick on and turn into the strike centre that people hope he can be.

Is he a Jamie Lyon or Matt Gidley? No, but it would be unfair to expect him to be. He is an inprovment on Shenton, and he has looked more dangerous with far less quality ball to work with. He's got nice footwork, and he has shown that he is capable of finding an offload. As I say, big things expected off him next season.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2013, 10:44 PM
He is a filler player... Stains will sign a decent centre soon enough... It's there trade mark.
07-13-2013, 12:09 PM
RE: In My Opinion.....#3 Jordan Turner
Not good enough for saints. Strange decision to get rid of shenton for this lad.

Are you gonna delete this thread?
07-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Shenton isnt a strike player..shenton is defensivley one of the best in the league but relies on others to make a half gap..turner is different..and this is why maybe you lot are soft defensivley...

Sir kev and his golden forehead..have that dorn..Sleepy
07-13-2013, 06:27 PM
To be fair to turner he is getting better after a very poor start I reckon he will end up being a very good player eventually.
07-13-2013, 10:04 PM
Shenton was decent when we signed him, but for whatever reason he didn't bring that form to Saints. Decent defensively, but offered nothing in the way of attack. That broken arm in the 2011 Grand Final fucked up his 2012. Never fully recovered from that.
07-14-2013, 03:18 PM
(07-13-2013 01:22 PM)fazerboy Wrote:  Shenton isnt a strike player..shenton is defensivley one of the best in the league but relies on others to make a half gap..turner is different..and this is why maybe you lot are soft defensivley...

We've lost shenton so now we can't defend?
Ish don't think so.
07-15-2013, 10:04 AM
(07-13-2013 10:04 PM)M_R7 Wrote:  Shenton was decent when we signed him, but for whatever reason he didn't bring that form to Saints. Decent defensively, but offered nothing in the way of attack. That broken arm in the 2011 Grand Final fucked up his 2012. Never fully recovered from that.

If he hadn't gone off in the GF, you'd have won
07-15-2013, 10:07 AM
A player who looks to have a good future ahead of him, i find him decent in attack and missing in defence. Is he a decent player and good enough for Saints today? No....Is he going to be a decent player and one thats good enough for Saints? Yes

Just have to wait

2012 - Newcomer of the year
2013 - Best User Name and current holder of the SLFer Of The Year award
07-15-2013, 10:09 AM
(07-15-2013 10:07 AM)T-Bone Wrote:  A player who looks to have a good future ahead of him, i find him decent in attack and missing in defence. Is he a decent player and good enough for Saints today? No....Is he going to be a decent player and one thats good enough for Saints? Yes

Just have to wait...

...and see, potential isn't always realised

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)