Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire Injury Latest
02-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Wire Injury Latest
Taken from http://www.warringtonwolves.org/injury-update-4009

Warrington Wolves picked up several injuries during the opening game of the new Engage Super League season. Head Physiotherapist John Hartley speaks exclusively to warringtonwolves.com with an injury update.

The club will await a scan on Wednesday to reveal the extent of Matt King's injury, however, it is suspected knee ligament damage.

Mike Cooper has damaged the AC joint in his shoulder that is likely to see him on the sidelines for up to a month.

Chris Bridge who left the field in the closing stages of the game has been confirmed as having a torn hamstring keeping him also out for up to a month.

Lee Briers suffered concussion during the game however, he has been given the all clear and we are optimistic for a full recovery. Similarly, Simon Grix who suffered a bad dead-leg is recovering well and we are optimistic they will be available for selection at the weekend.

The side will welcome Garreth Carvell and Chris Riley back from injury. They have returned to full training with the squad and are set to be available for selection ahead of the weekend.

Carvell played on Friday night for the under 20s side and came through this first test well.

(Warrington Wolves, 2011)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2011, 08:10 PM
RE: Wire Injury Latest
Not good!

My initial thinking was to blame the suitability of a man-made environment. I'd have been much happier losing 2 points than 4 key players!

Hope all those guys are back in action asap!
02-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I am pretty sure that following a head injury a player has to miss the next game for some sort of safety reasons. When Briscoe suffered concusion last season he had to sit out the next game even though he was good to play. I'm sure this is an RFL rule? Anyone else heard of this?

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH AND BE HAPPY
02-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I do know that the youth players have to take a "Cognitive" test which checks on the players ability to scan and process images. This can then be used to confirm whether the player is concussed or not.
02-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Today's Mirror states Matt King is facing an agonising 24 hour wait to see if his season is over. His medial ligament is damaged but there are fears that he may also have damaged his cruciate ligaments!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)