Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Squad numbers
11-14-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: 2014 Squad numbers
(11-14-2013 01:59 PM)jools Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 01:46 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 01:43 PM)jools Wrote:  Maybe not weak but many certainly young and relatively inexperienced. Also a fairly small squad- which together may suggest they are paying their first team squad a lot of money.

Who's on the big money though? Wire looking a lot weaker

They extended a load of contracts this year -11 I think it was including myler Atkins higham dogboy wood grix and hill - I can't see any of then agreeing for less than last year.

Hill and dogboy probably the only ones worth more money
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Thet must have paid a chunk for asotasi. And waterhouse cant be cheap.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
11-14-2013, 05:08 PM
2014 Squad numbers
(11-14-2013 02:20 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 01:59 PM)jools Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 01:46 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(11-14-2013 01:43 PM)jools Wrote:  Maybe not weak but many certainly young and relatively inexperienced. Also a fairly small squad- which together may suggest they are paying their first team squad a lot of money.

Who's on the big money though? Wire looking a lot weaker

They extended a load of contracts this year -11 I think it was including myler Atkins higham dogboy wood grix and hill - I can't see any of then agreeing for less than last year.

Hill and dogboy probably the only ones worth more money

But they surely wouldn't have extended early for less money-
11-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Smith confirmed earlier today that this is the squad - no more recruitment. Briers to be replaced from within.
I can't see any of the current players moving us around the park like Briers did and we will definitely not have the same kicking game - but TS knows more about the game and the team than I do, so as with every year - I think this could be our year!! except even I don't believe it, with or without my primrose and blue tinted specs.
11-14-2013, 05:57 PM
2014 Squad numbers
Could struggle with Wigan/saints 2013 type injuries
11-14-2013, 06:45 PM
Hope they dont get injured or they may just end up getting in the 8 instead of winning the comp
12-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Warrington head coach Tony Smith believes his side still possesses plenty of leaders, despite losing a number of key players in the summer.
Captain Adrian Morley, Brett Hodgson and Garreth Carvell all left the Grand Finalists while Lee Briers retired.
"There is still a lot of leadership in our group. I don't think we've lost it," Smith told BBC Radio Merseyside.

"Some of the older and some of the younger boys coming through are doing well in their leadership roles."
Morley joined his hometown club of Salford, Hodgson was released and Carvell signed for Bradford, while the club also lost Mike Cooper to NRL side St George Illawarra Dragons.
However, Smith has recruited former New Zealand captain Roy Asotasi from South Sydney Rabbitohs, Featherstone forward Anthony England, Scotland full-back Matty Russell - of whom Smith said "outside the top two or three teams, was the stand-out player in the World Cup" - and winger Kevin Penny has rejoined.
The former Great Britain coach, whose team lost the 2013 Super League Grand Final to Wigan, feels the signings they have made will improve the strength of the Wolves.
"We are bringing in an experienced player in Roy Asotasi who has captained his country and club, won finals and been highly successful," he said.
"Matty fitted our bill well before the World Cup started and we found out he was feeling a little homesick in Australia. I admired him before he went over there, I thought he was a terrific player then.
"Kevin has had to earn a living in a different way, it came too early and too quickly for him last time. I don't think he understood what it meant to be a professional sportsman. He does now."

Warrington ins and outs
In:

Roy Asotasi: South Sydney Rabbitohs

Kevin Penny: Swinton Lions

Anthony England: Featherstone Rovers

Matty Russell: Gold Coast Titans

Out:

Mike Cooper: St George Illawarra Dragons

Garreth Carvell: Bradford Bulls

Adrian Morley: Salford Red Devils

Matty Blythe: Bradford Bulls

Tyrone McCarthy: Northern Pride

Rhys Williams: Released

Brett Hodgson: Released <<< when did this happen?

James Mendieka: Featherstone Rovers

Lee Briers: Retired

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
12-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Read that earlier, with Hodgson released too, Wire have a lot less experience
12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
didnt even know Hodgson was released. Thought he had like...another year or something :/

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
12-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Hodgson's finished, hasn't he?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)