Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Live Scores Testing
02-05-2014, 12:57 PM
New Live Scores Testing
Hi guys,

I'm testing a new live scores provider with the view to use them for this coming season.

As Wigan is a week early, I've decided to run a test during this game before I commit to buying the data.

I would appreciate any comments once the game has begun if you are online etc.

You can view the live scores for the game at http://www.superleaguefans.com/scorecent...ants/7494/

(this page is available now and shows some extra info)

Advantages of this over our current live scores system is...

- Game venue & attendance (if supplied)

- Game events, once the game kicks off, this page will show the game events, such as tries (with player names), conversions, substitutions etc

- Squad lists, once announced, this page will show the playing squads

- Last 6 results, this page will show the last 6 results of each team in the fixture

Other than that, the fixtures, results and table data is pretty much the same so the gain is mainly the improved game data (everyone wanted player names, who scored, when they scored etc), events, squads etc.

You may notice this is the same system I tested mid-season last year, I'm testing it again to ensure that i want to buy the data. I've made some visual and back-end changes though so this serves as a new test of the data supplied.

Thank you!

Super League Rugby News | Extraordinary Rugby
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
RE: New Live Scores Testing
Cheers Dbl, do you have any choice on how you display the data?

Just from what I remember the feed on events included interchanges, which is a lot of filler when you're looking for who scored and when.

My marker will be if it's better than the BBC one
02-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Are you running it in the same format as last year, or will there be more detail this season?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Who provides the feed?

2016 SLFans Prediction League Champion
02-05-2014, 01:10 PM
(02-05-2014 01:00 PM)MOT Wrote:  Cheers Dbl, do you have any choice on how you display the data?

Just from what I remember the feed on events included interchanges, which is a lot of filler when you're looking for who scored and when.

The events box will show interchanges yes. I could perhaps highlight the row for a try so when scrolling down the events, you can quickly see which is a try or not? Would this help?

I could hide the interchanges altogether but it's nice info to see, it kind of emphasis that its "live" stuff coming through.

02-05-2014, 01:13 PM
(02-05-2014 01:00 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Are you running it in the same format as last year, or will there be more detail this season?

It's the same data as the test i did mid-season last year. But that's different data to what we ran with for the majority of the season. The scores were just scores, no game events, squads etc. So this newer version that im testing is a decent improvement.

02-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Fair whack. I look forward to scrutinising it enormously.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-05-2014, 01:16 PM
(02-05-2014 01:10 PM)Dbl Qtr Pounder Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 01:00 PM)MOT Wrote:  Cheers Dbl, do you have any choice on how you display the data?

The events box will show interchanges yes. I could perhaps highlight the row for a try so when scrolling down the events, you can quickly see which is a try or not? Would this help?

I could hide the interchanges altogether but it's nice info to see, it kind of emphasis that its "live" stuff coming through.

Fair point Dbl, IMO, based on what you've said highlighting everything other than interchanges would work well.

Have you had a look at the BBC format before? If I remember rightly, isn't it the same provider?
02-05-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm definitely keen on the game data and events. As potentially I could update all our social media automatically but posting who scored and when (again, automatically) so that would considerably improve our perceived "game coverage" on social media.

Currently if i want to cover a game on twitter/facebook, i have to sit here and watch/listen to the game and post messages myself and i can only usually do one at a time.

This way, with the game data and events, the "system" could automatically make the social posts when stuff happened for all the ongoing goings. I think that would look really good.

02-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Sounds like a great plan

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)