Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warrington v Salford
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Warrington v Salford
Old wolf- I really don't think friendlies should have too much importance out on them. They are quite often just a bit of an exercise to blow off the cobwebs, try a few combinations and experiment. I remember one of our coaches (could have been smith) saying he asked the players to push the rules and used it as an idea as to what the refs brief was that season. Myler and ratchford need to step up for wire this year- but there's plenty of experience in that side that you can make finals.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2014, 02:33 PM
RE: Warrington v Salford
(02-06-2014 02:17 PM)oldwolf Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:50 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:43 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:41 PM)Gateaux Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:37 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Two sides that will struggle to meet their fans' lofty expectations, in my estimation.

The Warrington fans I have spoken too all seem to be expecting a bit of a struggle this season

I've heard a few not so much bigging themselves up, but certainly with the attitude that top 3 is a given. I, quite frankly, don't think it is, by any stretch of the imagination.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks wire will be up against it.
Hi MOT' after watching the three warm up games at widnes,leigh and salford last night - I'll be the first to inform you that this will not be the year of the wire!!! I know you can hardly believe what I'm saying but they'll be no wembley or G.F. this year. We lack basic speed and game changers and we do not have a player with the tactical brain or know how to be able to change the game to a winning position - in fact after watching last night where chase made a monkey of us - I wondered what was the benefit of travelling thousands of mlies, training with the aussie teams -to have no game plan in the second half?I hope I'm wrong but remember you heard it here first!!! An example of why I think this - waterhouse with a two man overlap 10metres from the line chose to turn inside and get flattened - then in the last second before the hooter - instead of just taking the tackle he chose to put in a nonsense kick which salford were then offered an attack!! He is one of our senior players showing no brains at all or good decision making - maybe next year eh???

Thanks for the insight oldwolf.

What do you think to your new look halfback pairing? I rate Ratchford and I think he'll develop well in the role but I've never rated Myler.

You've lost a lot of experienced heads and as much as I disliked him, Briers will take some replacing
02-06-2014, 05:48 PM
(02-06-2014 02:33 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:43 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:41 PM)Gateaux Wrote:  The Warrington fans I have spoken too all seem to be expecting a bit of a struggle this season

I've heard a few not so much bigging themselves up, but certainly with the attitude that top 3 is a given. I, quite frankly, don't think it is, by any stretch of the imagination.

Hi MOT' after watching the three warm up games at widnes,leigh and salford last night - I'll be the first to inform you that this will not be the year of the wire!!! I know you can hardly believe what I'm saying but they'll be no wembley or G.F. this year. We lack basic speed and game changers and we do not have a player with the tactical brain or know how to be able to change the game to a winning position - in fact after watching last night where chase made a monkey of us - I wondered what was the benefit of travelling thousands of mlies, training with the aussie teams -to have no game plan in the second half?I hope I'm wrong but remember you heard it here first!!! An example of why I think this - waterhouse with a two man overlap 10metres from the line chose to turn inside and get flattened - then in the last second before the hooter - instead of just taking the tackle he chose to put in a nonsense kick which salford were then offered an attack!! He is one of our senior players showing no brains at all or good decision making - maybe next year eh???

What do you think to your new look halfback pairing? I rate Ratchford and I think he'll develop well in the role but I've never rated Myler.

You've lost a lot of experienced heads and as much as I disliked him, Briers will take some replacing

Hi MOT -Ratchford and Myler are a good pairing -but good is not how you win trophies unfortunately -Rangi Chase love him or hate was outstanding last night - he ran the show, was petulent and aggressive - sin binned for 10 mins-he has the desire to win and he isnt the best -brough ,sinfield,burrows etc have that same quality - whenever they have the ball -they are going to create trouble for your defence -ratchford has a spark and the speed but there is that magical match changing quality that the best players have that is not quite there yet -myler is good but not a burrows-yep we are going to miss briers big time- he got us out of trouble with tactical kicks and plays - give these two some time and hopefully they will step up but realistically warrington fans know we are well short of being the best team. Sadly we are tactically weak in the centre and one wing -and coaches have found one of our weaknesses.Hope I'm completely wrong but after watching the game for so long you tend to realise who the great players are and have to admire them for being so.Might scrapped top four and thats it.
02-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Warrington v Salford
Next Thursdays game is going to be a tough start for both teams will be interesting to see how they go
02-06-2014, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2014 05:59 PM by MOT.)
(02-06-2014 05:48 PM)oldwolf Wrote:  
(02-06-2014 02:33 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 10:43 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  I've heard a few not so much bigging themselves up, but certainly with the attitude that top 3 is a given. I, quite frankly, don't think it is, by any stretch of the imagination.

Hi MOT -Ratchford and Myler are a good pairing -but good is not how you win trophies unfortunately -Rangi Chase love him or hate was outstanding last night - he ran the show, was petulent and aggressive - sin binned for 10 mins-he has the desire to win and he isnt the best -brough ,sinfield,burrows etc have that same quality - whenever they have the ball -they are going to create trouble for your defence -ratchford has a spark and the speed but there is that magical match changing quality that the best players have that is not quite there yet -myler is good but not a burrows-yep we are going to miss briers big time- he got us out of trouble with tactical kicks and plays - give these two some time and hopefully they will step up but realistically warrington fans know we are well short of being the best team. Sadly we are tactically weak in the centre and one wing -and coaches have found one of our weaknesses.Hope I'm completely wrong but after watching the game for so long you tend to realise who the great players are and have to admire them for being so.Might scrapped top four and thats it.

That's your biggest blow IMO, finishing lower down the table isn't the end of the world but for me you have less match winners/lost your main one when it comes to knock out rugby

Oh, that and Riley is rubbish.

But at least you have Penny!
02-06-2014, 06:13 PM
(02-06-2014 05:55 PM)Gateaux Wrote:  Next Thursdays game is going to be a tough start for both teams will be interesting to see how they go

Hi Gateaux - yep honestly after last nights game the feeling listening to others was 'if we play like that next week we'll get stuffed' - I know it was a so called pratice game but we had virtually a full strength team - it was the lack of any tactical awareness that shocked us in the second half - we reverted back to one up rugby and aimless kicking on the last - I know smith will have realised and will make them start thinking differently for next week but I was shocked to see that we don't have an organised leader that can take the game by the scruff of the neck change it to a winning position - monaghan and highim yes - but teams have sussed them out by now- bit worried to say the least - meant to say might just scrape top four but thats it!
02-06-2014, 06:22 PM
Warrington v Salford
For all you know smith could have said he wanted them to play some one up rugby to suss out their match fitness.
Wait till next week for doom and gloom!
02-06-2014, 06:33 PM
Warrington v Salford
(02-06-2014 06:22 PM)jools Wrote:  For all you know smith could have said he wanted them to play some one up rugby to suss out their match fitness.
Wait till next week for doom and gloom!

He could have asked them to play shit on purpose, how far we going with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
02-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Warrington v Salford
As far as you usually go westy.
02-06-2014, 06:44 PM
Warrington v Salford
Maybe he said I want us to look as shit as Huddersfield new shirt.

He bollocked them at full time for falling short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)