diesel
petrol
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
Petrol or Diesel....
02-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Rainbow Petrol or Diesel....
wondered if any of you had the same petrol/diesel dilemma as my missus is having at the moment....tried to find out some info about this on the net but cant find anything.

she wants a new car...however her job means her travelling around 25-30miles of motorways to work and then upto the same amount driving around the city centre during the day....

now diesels are cheaper on tax...fuel goes further but is more expensive...and typically diesel cars cost more....

soooooooo.....

which car would be better? diesel of petrol?

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Petrol or Diesel....
Dark matter.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-18-2014, 12:32 PM
(02-18-2014 12:22 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  wondered if any of you had the same petrol/diesel dilemma as my missus is having at the moment....tried to find out some info about this on the net but cant find anything.

she wants a new car...however her job means her travelling around 25-30miles of motorways to work and then upto the same amount driving around the city centre during the day....

now diesels are cheaper on tax...fuel goes further but is more expensive...and typically diesel cars cost more....

soooooooo.....

Get a diesel with a stop/start engine, best of both worlds

My MPG is 65-70
02-18-2014, 12:33 PM
not sure she can afford a model with a stop start engine.....?

my mpg is around the 65 mark also but i do alot of mway miles.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM
I don't have a car so I only buy fuel for sniffing and I would definitely say petrol.

What about LPG? Only half the price of petrol.

I'm too cool to have a signature.
02-18-2014, 12:40 PM
(02-18-2014 12:22 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  wondered if any of you had the same petrol/diesel dilemma as my missus is having at the moment....tried to find out some info about this on the net but cant find anything.

soooooooo.....

If shes driving round the city, would she not be better getting a city car?

I currently have a 60reg Peugeot 107. I do 50 miles a day or 250 a (working) week in it. Can do it all on £35 of petrol.
Petrol prices round here vary from £1.26-£1.28
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM
(02-18-2014 12:33 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  not sure she can afford a model with a stop start engine.....?

Corsa is on 0% finance over 5 years, fairly cost effective run around.

I'd certainly go for diesel
02-18-2014, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2014 12:44 PM by chesterhino.)
shes thought about it, but in two minds due to the 60miles of mways everyday!

(02-18-2014 12:43 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(02-18-2014 12:33 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  not sure she can afford a model with a stop start engine.....?

Corsa is on 0% finance over 5 years, fairly cost effective run around.

I'd certainly go for diesel

cheers mot, thats the way we are leaning....and she has sounded out either a corsa/fiesta....

02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
(02-18-2014 12:37 PM)Farmduck Wrote:  I don't have a car so I only buy fuel for sniffing and I would definitely say petrol.

What about LPG? Only half the price of petrol.

Not a lot of availability for LPG FD
02-18-2014, 12:46 PM
Keep an eye out for ECO cars as well. Get that tax cheap son!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)