Clark For England
05-29-2014, 01:02 PM
Clark For England
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/27620892

On current form, I agree

What's everyone's top 3 hookers in SL, based on this season alone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-29-2014, 01:05 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 01:06 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
RE: Clark For England
Certainly wouldn't mind a change from Roby; don't think he's been anywhere near his best for a year or two. On form and in order, from what I've seen, my top three would be:

1. McIlorum
2. Hodgson
3. Clark

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
05-29-2014, 01:42 PM
Clark
Roby
Burrow
05-29-2014, 01:43 PM
Roby is still No.1 for me but only because of experience. Clark is the current number 2 hooker in SL and should definitely be in the squad minimum for the 4Ns.

As for third it's a toss up between McIlorum, Hodgson and Houghton for me. If I had to take a 3rd hooker down under I'd go with McIlorum for his toughness and mongrel that will upset the Aussies et al.
05-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Clark is truly class, I think the edge he maybe has is that he has pace to burn if he gets a gap down the middle.

Still say Roby is top dog based on experience & graft but I'd say Clark isn't far off & is leading chaser for the 9 spot. MClorrum looks good but seems a bit of a penalty machine.
05-29-2014, 03:26 PM
at this moment in time I would take Roby but only as a back up should Clark/ Mcilorum be injured.

1)McIlorum - only because I think he provides a bit of attitude and grit that we don't seem to have. But is also a brilliant player on his day.

2) Clark - Up and coming , will benefit from tour experience.

3) Roby - Level headed. Still has the eye for gaps to run into but doesn't have the pace for it so will need supporting.
05-29-2014, 03:40 PM
on form got to go for Clark don't like MacIlorum gives away to many penalty's Roby & Houghton not in best of form Hodgson playing well in a team on form
05-29-2014, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2014 03:58 PM by MOT.)
(05-29-2014 01:42 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  Clark
Roby
Burrow

Fuck off, I said hookers

1.Clark
2. Hodgson, Roby
3. Houghton
05-29-2014, 04:00 PM
I'd genuinely like to see England 'revert' to the two hookers system. The 80-minute role seems to be the norm now, but I wouldn't mind seeing it make a comeback if it only offers something (ironically) different to what Australia (with Smith) and New Zealand (with Luke) go with. Any two of Clark, Roby, McIlorum and Hodgson could provide that.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
05-29-2014, 04:03 PM
Looked at Roby's stats, still ridiculous

248 runs from Dummy Half
518 tackles (2nd only to houghton) only missed 15
1738 m

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)