Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Castleford 2015
07-14-2014, 11:02 AM
RE: 2015 signings
Agreed GVB, not sure where he's fitting in unless he's going to FB, with Tansey out and Dorn as back up? (Dorn's seems a bit injury prone at the moment)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2014, 11:10 AM
It's more strange when you consider Owen's there already, essentially in the same role, on essentially the same money. Seems, at the moment at least, to be a nothing buy for Cas.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Tansey & Owen now seem to be surplus to requirements as far as DP is concerned. Dorn can't have much longer for the game & then this has the potential to be a very decent fb replacement. Time will tell.
07-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Owen is in the last year of his contract I believe and will be shown the door at the end of the season. Not sure what has happened to Tansey but looks like he's on his way out too!
07-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Of the three, who would you like to have next season?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-14-2014, 12:49 PM
If Dorn can stay fit, probably him - however age is against him.... Not seen enough of Solomona at the moment and in a failing London team hard to judge.
07-14-2014, 12:52 PM
I meant of Owen, Tansey and Solomona. I agree re: Dorn. I think it's a no-brainer to keep him as a back-up fullback/stand-off after the season he's had. I'm talking more about the wing spots that Dixon, Clare and Carney are all fighting for at the moment.

07-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Apologies - Owen can go, he has the potential to be amazing, however his attitude is really poor. Tansey was on borrowed time and hasn't shown enough for me, proof was last week when Snyed took his FB spot against Hudds so looks like he's out too.

As before not seen enough of Solomona and difficult to judge as London are poor. First choice wing spots next year will be Dixon and Carney with Clare and Solomona back up.

Good to see DP getting rid of lots of deadwood within the squad - exciting times for the Tigers, hopefully he can get the new recruits to gel quickly in the off season
07-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Doesn't hurt to have them, I guess. Four sounds excessive, but not if people start finding hamstrings.

07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Owen wasn't the same after leg break & twating Santa. Tansey played some decent games last season IMO but it seems DP doesn't see it. Taking a gamble on solomona but we have Dorn & Clare to do a job if he's not upto it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)