06-14-2014, 08:10 AM
wire. ..can't stop winning
You're on crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Warrington ran in six tries to comfortably beat Hull KR and secure a fifth consecutive win in Super League.

The Wire scored three in 10 minutes through Gene Ormsby, Stefan Ratchford and Joel Monaghan.

Graeme Horne gave Rovers hope straight after the break, but a double from Ben Evans and then Monaghan's second secured the win.

Hull KR now drop to 10th, with rivals Hull FC going above them, while the visitors hold on to fifth place.

Neither side showed good hands in the opening period, with knock-ons disturbing the flow of the game.

But Ormsby finally found a breakthrough on the half-hour mark, going over after Ryan Atkins had been held up at the line, as Danny Bridge converted.

It triggered an avalanche from Wolves, as Ratchford made the most of a Simon Grix break to score and Monaghan charged over.

The Robins, who have now lost two on the bounce, suggested they had regained their composure during the interval when Horne found a gap and Travis Burns converted.

It was short relief however, as Evans went over twice in quick succession, planting an uncontested first under the posts and then touching down after Ben Currie had made good ground.

Bridge was off target for the first time from the tee for the latter, but he took his personal tally to 10 points when converting at the death after Monaghan latched on to a rogue Burns pass to finish off the hosts.

Hull KR coach Craig Sandercock:
"Warrington were way too good for us tonight. We gave away a lot of possession in the first half. We're having to do too much defending."
On an injury to forward Jamie Langley he added: "It looks like an extremely serious injury.
"The doctor seems to think he's ruptured his patella tendon and, if that's the case, his season is definitely over. We're all devastated for Jamie."

Warrington coach Tony Smith:
"We had a few missing - we are almost down to the bare bones with injuries - but we brought some good young blokes in who did a fantastic job.
"It was a good hard, tough performance from us. I thought we were really professional. I don't know if it was the most professional we've been all year but it was right up there.
"There were some good efforts right across the board. There is a confidence building within the team and a lot of that revolves around our defensive efforts.
"We are defending around our try-line as good as we have in the last two years. That makes us hard to beat, particularly with some of the try-scoring ability in our team."

Friday's line-ups

Hull KR: Eden, Gardner, Salter, Hall, Ulugia, Burns, Keating, A. Walker, J. Hodgson, Weyman, Horne, Langley, Costigan.
Replacements: Ollett, Netherton, J. Walker, Green.

Warrington: Russell, R. Evans, J. Monaghan, Atkins, Ormsby, C. Bridge, Ratchford, Hill, Higham, B. Evans, Grix, Currie, Harrison.
Replacements: Asotasi, Riley, Dwyer, Philbin.

Referee: Ben Thaler (RFL).
06-14-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: wire. ..can't stop winning
Wire looking good at the moment.

Surprised not to see sandercock mention the refs in his post match interview
06-14-2014, 08:48 AM
7 youngsters in the 17 that have come through the system is good to see also.
06-14-2014, 10:23 AM
its the year of the wire...again.
06-14-2014, 10:48 AM
Possibly...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
06-14-2014, 11:11 AM
if not, im reliably informed that 2015 is the year of the wire.

oh and hull. as always
06-14-2014, 03:06 PM
We're going to win it from 5th....you heard it here first Smile.....considering players that have gone and new lads coming through....we aint doing too bad

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQudmfPTzZkpNgsbFiDLE5...yF_Rgswx9Q]
06-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Warrington bashed us about last night.

We started extremely well, pinned them back in their own 20 for a couple of sets and looked like we would put up some early points.

I thought Warrington were then camped in our half for about 20 minutes. We defended outstandingly and under so much pressure, especially because we had to contend with a lot of penalties against us, some I felt at the time as unwarranted.

Travis Burns was outstanding, he looked great with ball in hand and defended brilliantly. If he didn't get our man of the match I don't know why (apparently he didn't). He got in a few players' faces and wound up Simon Grix big time (If I recall correctly).

The first try for Warrington was good, it was a long pass right to Gene Ormsby. I thought it looked a bit forward though. From that point we looked shattered and let in two more just before the break.

The second half was a write off. We were knackered and Warrington took full advantage of that. I thought Matty Russell was awesome - he is going to be a top player in this league.

I don't know why, but who kicks up to Joel Monaghan's side? Why we did this I'll never know. Ulugia is only my height - he stood no chance.

Ben Thaler missed a fair but. I don't know why he brought Craig Hall back for obstruction when we played the ball on our own line, Monaghan knocked on at the play the ball and the linesman was stood over it and missed that, Chris Bridge knocked on in front of our posts and he waved play on.

I thought there were a couple of things he missed for Warrington as well, and it leaves you very frustrated.

Warrington look good. We tried but ultimately came up against a better side. Fair result all round.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)