Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cas vs Salford
06-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Cas vs Salford
(06-29-2014 08:28 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  I thought our defence held well, better teams have torn us apart much more than that & it's been our scrambling defence that's got us through. Salford are a decent attacking team tbf & to keep them at 0 was some effort. When Sneyd got the goal to put us 8 up I thought we'd push on but obviously Salford broke through, carnage should have done more with one of them. We haven't really cruised in that many games but now there's big expectations cos we've plenty of pts. Finn & sneyd will come good again if it gets drier IMO. I think grinding out these wins is still massive for us, even when we're still not at our best. The previous 3 games are as hard as you'll find & we maybe won the one that mattered. Salford would have put 30 on us last season. I still believe we'll do alright this season.

As long as you keep getting the two points that's all that matters- the performance isn't important right now. Just as well as hudds have won the last 8 of 9 by playing badly- but the positive from that kind of thing is grinding out wins and coming out on top is what's going to be needed in September October- not the ability to put 50 points on a team. Cas are comfortably in the playoffs and in the semis of the CC, saving a bit of energy is the right thing to do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2014, 03:45 PM
RE: Cas vs Salford
Playing badly is a habit i dont want my team to get used too..
06-29-2014, 05:39 PM
(06-29-2014 10:26 AM)jools Wrote:  
(06-29-2014 08:28 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  I thought our defence held well, better teams have torn us apart much more than that & it's been our scrambling defence that's got us through. Salford are a decent attacking team tbf & to keep them at 0 was some effort. When Sneyd got the goal to put us 8 up I thought we'd push on but obviously Salford broke through, carnage should have done more with one of them. We haven't really cruised in that many games but now there's big expectations cos we've plenty of pts. Finn & sneyd will come good again if it gets drier IMO. I think grinding out these wins is still massive for us, even when we're still not at our best. The previous 3 games are as hard as you'll find & we maybe won the one that mattered. Salford would have put 30 on us last season. I still believe we'll do alright this season.

As long as you keep getting the two points that's all that matters- the performance isn't important right now. Just as well as hudds have won the last 8 of 9 by playing badly- but the positive from that kind of thing is grinding out wins and coming out on top is what's going to be needed in September October- not the ability to put 50 points on a team. Cas are comfortably in the playoffs and in the semis of the CC, saving a bit of energy is the right thing to do.

This.

I hope it's part of dp's long term plan. A bit of self preservation now might reap rewards in the long game. Certainly the side we sent to Wigan points to this plan. We got away with it a bit yesterday but we do need to improve tbf.
06-29-2014, 09:25 PM
Cas vs Salford
(06-29-2014 03:45 PM)fazerboy Wrote:  Playing badly is a habit i dont want my team to get used too..

Still won though. If you wanna be top 6 you have to learn to win ugly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-08-2014, 02:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 02:00 PM by MOT.)
(06-28-2014 12:28 PM)Coughlins Laws Wrote:  If salford loose il quit slfans

Plus I've put 100 quid on us winning by 12+

Blind faith

(06-28-2014 01:23 PM)LucaUtd1 Wrote:  Same if we lose I will also quit this site.

Booooooooooooooooooooo!

Bring back Luca and Cougho
07-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Hasn't happened.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)