Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warrington hand new contracts to six
07-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Warrington Wolves have agreed new contracts with twins Rhys and Ben Evans, Gene Ormsby, Anthony England, James Laithwaite and George King.

Outside backs Ormsby and Rhys Evans, both 21, have crossed 10 and 11 times respectively in Super League XIX - only Joel Monaghan has scored more for Wire.

England, Ormsby and King have signed two-year deals, with the Evans twins and Laithwaite, 22, committing to 2017.
"Stability within the group's one of our strengths," said boss Tony Smith.
"We're once again showing that. All six players have performed consistently well of late and I look forward to continuing their development."

Teenage forward King has not featured yet this term, but the other five have made between 10 and 15 league appearances for last season's beaten Grand Finalists.

Prop-forward England, 27, re-entered full-time rugby league last year, after joining the club from Championship side Featherstone, having previously had spells at Castleford and Gateshead.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2014, 02:28 PM
RE: Warrington hand new contracts to six
Good stuff from Wire.

I played against Rhys a few times and to be honest, I half-expected him to be being touted by NRL/union sides by now, but he hasn't really developed that much (at least not yet).

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-08-2014, 02:43 PM
that ormsby seems a bit of a handful. well raw and a bit ungainly sometimes but he could become a very good player.
07-08-2014, 02:48 PM
This was taken from the BBC... States king hasn't played yet. Incorrect... He benched the other week against Salford I think it was.

Ormsby could be something special.., but the same was said about Evans a few years ago...
07-08-2014, 03:21 PM
(07-08-2014 02:43 PM)Cheese Wrote:  that ormsby seems a bit of a handful. well raw and a bit ungainly sometimes but he could become a very good player.

Better than Penny!

I've always been a big fan of Rhys Evans, glad he's had more of an opportunity this season
07-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Has penny played this season?
07-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Don't think so. Buy of the year.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Lol..
07-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Didn't he play in a challenge cup game

Real odd signing, especially when they then played the kids in front of him
07-08-2014, 08:22 PM
(07-08-2014 05:51 PM)MOT Wrote:  Didn't he play in a challenge cup game

Real odd signing, especially when they then played the kids in front of him

he played 3 matches scored 4 tries and got injured

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)