Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Saints vs Widnes
07-25-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: Saints vs Widnes
Could be his last act as a saints player as well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2014, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 08:39 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
It raises the question: would you rather have not-as-good 7 who plays 90+% of the season, or stick with Walsh? Is his potential leaving really a blow, if we hardly see him as it is?

T-Mak has a hat-trick.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Good question but who is out there for us to replace him with? I really hope Wilkin isn't the answer for the rest of the year.
07-25-2014, 08:41 PM
(07-25-2014 08:37 PM)markthesaint Wrote:  Could be his last act as a saints player as well.

as good a player as he is I am not sure that is necessarily a bad thing simply due to his injury record this season. If we could guarantee he would be fit for the vast majority of games then I would want him at Saints without doubt, but with the injuries, and the 2 or 3 "regaining fitness" weeks we just don't seem to be getting the best from him.
07-25-2014, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 08:44 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
Wilkin would have to be the stopgap; who else is there/has the been for the last few years we've needed a half?

As for the long-term, I can't see anyone who'd be affordable, realistic and reliable - neither here nor in the NRL. I really hope the Matty Smith rumour has some weight now, especially if Hohaia goes too. Wheeler at 6, Smith at 7? That's on the premise that Wheeler doesn't burst into fucking flames too.

Should be a wrap at 44-16.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-25-2014, 08:48 PM
I think is Walsh is going then Smith is the best option at the moment. But first we need to get through the rest of this season!
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
I heard kev brown from somebody. Not sure about that one though. Is Todd carney an option?
Are our academy halves not good enough for the first team?
07-25-2014, 08:49 PM
44 - 22 now
07-25-2014, 08:50 PM
I seen you around for a long long time, yeah
I really remembered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we defend
Why can't we defend
Why can't we defend
Why can't we defend

07-25-2014, 08:51 PM
(07-25-2014 08:49 PM)markthesaint Wrote:  I heard kev brown from somebody. Not sure about that one though. Is Todd carney an option?
Are our academy halves not good enough for the first team?

I heard that one, good player but probably only got a few seasons left? Not a bad option if we have an academy player lined up to step in in a few seasons.

Can't see Carney getting a visa, think Catalan willbe his only SL option

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)