Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Saints vs Widnes
07-26-2014, 10:26 PM
RE: Saints vs Widnes
Any news on what Wilkin's specifically done to his shoulder? Ligaments or muscle?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2014, 10:31 PM
lack of use??
07-26-2014, 10:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 10:38 PM by M_R7.)
(07-26-2014 10:26 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Any news on what Wilkin's specifically done to his shoulder? Ligaments or muscle?

Not sure mate. He said yesterday that they've been putting it off until Walsh came back.
07-26-2014, 10:46 PM
Unbelievable that they both got done in the same game, and that those two and Hohaia have been injured within two weeks. Any news on Wheeler? I heard he got a knock last night too. Assuming he's done as well, our backs might look something like this for the foreseeable at least:

1. Wellens
2. Makinson
3. Jones
4. Percival
5. Swift/Dawson
6. McDonnell
7. Turner

Although I suspect Brown is more inclined to use McDonnell at fullback and Wellens in the halves. Whatever he goes with, there's not an ounce of dominance in midfield with Walsh and Wilkin gone. We've half got away with having no out-and-out 7 with Wilkin filling in, but this side could well not only feature a makeshift pairing, but also one that doesn't even consist of someone who's played there a few times before. This is shit street. I'd be seriously considering a loan for somebody.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
07-26-2014, 10:48 PM
gaskell. at least he would know where to turn up.
07-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Are Danny Richardson and/or Dave Hewitt likely to get a phone call from NB any time soon?

07-26-2014, 10:56 PM
I haven't heard anything on Wheeler mate. Wouldn't be surprised though given his injury record.

The main issue we have is that until Wilkin or Hohaia returns, we don't have a kicking game. Wheeler is a running 6 and as you say Wellens/Turner/McDonnell aren't known for it either. The only other option is to give either Hewitt or Charnock an opportunity but it doesn't look likely. I suspect we'll see something like:

Wellens
Makinson
Turner
Percival
Dawson
McDonnell
Wheeler
07-26-2014, 10:59 PM
That's assuming Wheeler's fit. Still not a terrible line-up, but as you say, there's a serious lack of kicking game. I wonder if that fact will tempt him to stick Percival in there, who can kick somewhat. Swifty had a great kicking game when I played with him; will that be used? Will he be used at all? I heard he and Brown aren't on the best of terms at the moment.

07-26-2014, 11:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2014 11:09 PM by M_R7.)
If Wheeler is injured then I'd go with your suggestion. Haven't heard anything but as I say, you never know with him. Brown mentioned him in his interview post-match but didn't mention an injury. Just said that he stepped up when Walsh went off, along with Turner. I think he'll want to keep Percival in the centres.

I think Swift is just disappointed that Dawson has been selected ahead of him recently, but he didn't look happy last night.
07-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Fair enough. That he got through a game is a miracle, though, so we could well be having this conversation next week.

He was always a bit of a nowty get, Swift. Didn't mind spitting the dummy, but it was invariably because he cared. He's got to back it up on this stage, though.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)