Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Higham awarded testimonial
08-11-2014, 02:05 PM
Higham awarded testimonial
Mick Higham had be rewarded for his decade-long career with a three-month testimonial. While I congratulate a hard-working, if not always spectacular player, I don't get how this testimonial thing works. Why is it a three-month thing? Why doe the RFL have to sign it off; is it a funding thing?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 03:10 PM by camdentiger.)
RE: Higham awarded testimonial
Isn't it to do with tax - any earnings they make from it the player keeps and doesn't have to lose anything to the taxman?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testimonial_match
08-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Right, fair enough. I still don't get why the RFL have to okay it, though. I thought clubs organised them.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
08-11-2014, 04:53 PM
How could they deny a testimonial? Sorry but you're just not worthy of a testimonial so fuck off from all at Redhall
08-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I know, right? It'd be interesting to see if anyone actually comes out post-career and claims that. What would they actually say?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)