Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Play-offs week I: Leeds v Catalan
09-21-2014, 06:13 PM
RE: Play-offs week I: Leeds v Catalan
Stating the obvious here trin but over the last few years our approach must of worked reasonably well cos we've won more than saints.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2014, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2014 06:18 PM by youngrhino.)
I know Trin is a massive wind up merchant but what he says is true, whether you like it or not we've got to spend now or we will have 4 or 5 seasons of struggling to compete with the top 4 when the old guard retire... The majority of the 19's are average Joe's who will only stay at Rhinos because they're willing to be paid average wages to be average squadmen
09-21-2014, 06:18 PM
Play-offs week I: Leeds v Catalan
(09-21-2014 06:13 PM)leeds79 Wrote:  Stating the obvious here trin but over the last few years our approach must of worked reasonably well cos we've won more than saints.

Problem is though was your approach a long term one or was it simply looking to that season? Saints have worked to be in a position where for the near future we will probably happily plod on at the top 1/4 of the table occasionally adding silverware even though we have gone through a period of considerable change In the squad, although we will never be in the position we were is 2006 ( but I doubt any team will) we are doing ok peaks and troughs as you would expect but we are there or there abouts. With Leeds unless there is some big investment then can they do they same or are their glory days going to come to an end like those of other sides have?

It's easy to look to the season ahead and say "Ye we are fine" but what about 2/3/5 years down the line? Those squads don't come without some investment and willingness to sign players to fill gaps
09-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I agree with most of what you lads have said. We do need to spend money and the club should of been bringing players in over at least the last three/four years. But I also believe that it's not too late to address the problems we have if we bring in a couple of decent players this year and a couple of decent players next year. At times we need to look at the positives. We won the cup, but for an horrific loss of form we could of challenged for the lls or at least finished higher than 6th. We still have a pretty special back line and second row (granted not much depth), and I would expect some of our young player to develop into good players given time.
09-21-2014, 06:31 PM
(09-21-2014 06:03 PM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  I can't take anyone seriously who compares saints losing Cunningham and Graham.............to the mess this Leeds side is in..............saints had Roby approaching his peak..........and spent money to get a plethora of forwards..............Perry..........Lms.............Soliola...............Llanf​ranchi..............Manu.............Amor..........Walmsley............Flanagan and Masoe............off the top of my head........ . Saints are the exact opposite of Leeds.............they spent loads to retain their place at the top..........thus allowing the youngsters to filter through.............Leeds have a load of old men...........with two possibly 3 years left..........and behind them a load of youngsters...............who...........despite the protestations of some..............are not going to be top sl players...............if they don't spend............and soon...........the gap between them and the top teams will only get bigger............

You take me seriously?!?

roflcopter

2nd.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
09-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Lot of knee jerking going on.

Kylie should have retired this year, I can't see JP maintaining his form for a third year. Next year and a few more might be rough and we're not going to replicate the past decade overnight but Leeds are trying to build another core group of players to try and emulate recent achievements. I'd rather we wait for the right players than blow our load on players that will only stick around for a year or two
09-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Completely agree about the knee jerking motty but for me I'd happily take a couple of players on shorter term contracts if their quality and can help us rebuild. Another quality prop and stand off would be great until the likes of singleton,baldwinson, white and lilley are ready.
10-08-2014, 12:01 PM
(09-21-2014 06:03 PM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  I can't take anyone seriously who compares saints losing Cunningham and Graham.............to the mess this Leeds side is in..............saints had Roby approaching his peak..........and spent money to get a plethora of forwards..............Perry..........Lms.............Soliola...............Llanf​ranchi..............Manu.............Amor..........Walmsley............Flanagan and Masoe............off the top of my head........ . Saints are the exact opposite of Leeds.............they spent loads to retain their place at the top..........thus allowing the youngsters to filter through.............Leeds have a load of old men...........with two possibly 3 years left..........and behind them a load of youngsters...............who...........despite the protestations of some..............are not going to be top sl players...............if they don't spend............and soon...........the gap between them and the top teams will only get bigger............

When did Trins season end....................after Leeds were knocked out........ROFL..................PMSL...............etc...............etc.......​.....
02-03-2017, 08:11 PM
Fuck you mr han man.

Where is Clem Fandango ?
02-04-2017, 11:48 AM
E = MC2

Where is Clem Fandango ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)