Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Warrington 2015 - It's our year
06-09-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Warrington 2015
(06-09-2015 09:51 AM)westy_warrior Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:44 AM)oldwolf Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:20 AM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Mark E?

I'd have thought a) Wire had enough wingers and b) Hull would want more than £125k.

Hi genghis - joel Monaghan is supposedly off to Catalan - a big loss for us- lineham is a powerful winger but Monaghan is our most senior player in the backs - we ve not replaced players and the attendances are falling fast -smith and Moran need to correct things asap - nothing again this season and a lot of people saying they re not renewing season tickets for next year - they re waiting and will pick matches if the team starts playing well again- management need to realise this- need two half backs desperately

blah blah....shit fans......not winning......dont turn up....blah blah.......fickle bastards........

I used google translate.
Correct Westy - people just won't turn up to watch indifferent form or losing teams unless they are devoted fans for years- we are one finding out how many are true fans and how many only want to watch a winning team - I reckon we ve only got about 7-8000 regulars unlike the 12000 plus that Wigan saints and Leeds have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 03:15 PM
(06-09-2015 02:46 PM)oldwolf Wrote:  

I'd have thought a) Wire had enough wingers and b) Hull would want more than £125k.

Hi genghis - joel Monaghan is supposedly off to Catalan - a big loss for us- lineham is a powerful winger but Monaghan is our most senior player in the backs - we ve not replaced players and the attendances are falling fast -smith and Moran need to correct things asap - nothing again this season and a lot of people saying they re not renewing season tickets for next year - they re waiting and will pick matches if the team starts playing well again- management need to realise this- need two half backs desperately

blah blah....shit fans......not winning......dont turn up....blah blah.......fickle bastards........

I used google translate.
Correct Westy - people just won't turn up to watch indifferent form or losing teams unless they are devoted fans for years- we are one finding out how many are true fans and how many only want to watch a winning team - I reckon we ve only got about 7-8000 regulars unlike the 12000 plus that Wigan saints and Leeds have.

the shitter we got the more people turned up, was a bit random that our attendance went up when we was 4 points adrift at the bottom of the table......suppose its the fact that there was something to play for rather than mid table bollocks and little chance of silverware at the end.
06-10-2015, 09:07 AM
(06-09-2015 02:46 PM)oldwolf Wrote:  

I used google translate.

Do you think an element of that is a lack of local/youth players OldWolf, somehting that Leeds, Wigan and Saints have.

No offence to Vickery but personally I have more patience with a Leeds kid coming through than an import that falls short
06-10-2015, 01:16 PM
What you on about MOT?
06-10-2015, 02:19 PM
(06-10-2015 01:16 PM)Sycophant Wrote:  What you on about MOT?

Who are you?
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM
This again...
06-10-2015, 05:00 PM
(06-10-2015 02:19 PM)MOT Wrote:  
(06-10-2015 01:16 PM)Sycophant Wrote:  What you on about MOT?

Who are you?

Yes MOT you are probably right about having local lads in the team- unlike Leeds wigan and saints we have never got the balance right between coaching young players ourselves and then bringing them to super league level- we have tended to recruit elsewhere or australia-an example of our poor recruitment - Calum Watkins (although a Manchester lad I think) played here in warrington for latchford Albion- how on earth did warrington scouts miss the chance to get to play for us?? Unfortunately when we say we need two quality half backs we mean buying from someone else or Australia- we can't seem to produce our own players to the required standard. Briers was our best and we got him from saints.
06-11-2015, 08:11 AM
doesnt help when you get tony smith saying "i would rather see players develop than win trophies" - well in that case : A) bring some fucking youth through and B) go be a fucking youth coach or something.

Im sure teh fans would love to see home grown players develop, we all do but at the same time its nice to bastard win isnt it. why dont you teach them to win tony ffs.
06-11-2015, 11:07 AM
(06-11-2015 08:11 AM)westy_warrior Wrote:  doesnt help when you get tony smith saying "i would rather see players develop than win trophies" - well in that case : A) bring some fucking youth through and B) go be a fucking youth coach or something.

Im sure teh fans would love to see home grown players develop, we all do but at the same time its nice to bastard win isnt it. why dont you teach them to win tony ffs.

Westy I m wrong again local paper confirmed that lineham has joined and Joel Monaghan is staying here next year- hope it doesn't mean young gene ormsby is being pushed out he's a local lad and is improving so well this season- don t know we are going to play three wingers unless Monaghan moves to centre
06-11-2015, 11:14 AM
monaghan is shit at centre, hes far better on the wing

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)