Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steffan Ratchford - overated?
10-07-2014, 02:10 PM
RE: Steffan Ratchford - overated?
on a par with scully though I just don't see it. decent on his day but not a player that can be the difference in a game. At least for now he still might get better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2014, 02:14 PM
(10-07-2014 02:10 PM)Rhinos77 Wrote:  on a par with scully though I just don't see it. decent on his day but not a player that can be the difference in a game. At least for now he still might get better.

I don't think he's currently on a par with Scully - that'd be a stupid statement to make. if given time at 13 I think he could get somewhere close though
10-07-2014, 02:25 PM
(10-07-2014 02:14 PM)camdentiger Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 02:10 PM)Rhinos77 Wrote:  on a par with scully though I just don't see it. decent on his day but not a player that can be the difference in a game. At least for now he still might get better.

I don't think he's currently on a par with Scully - that'd be a stupid statement to make. if given time at 13 I think he could get somewhere close though

I knew what you meant Camden. I just don't think he's of the same class, nor do I see anything in his performances so far that would even hint he could raise himself to that level and be consistent there. I reckon he could do some pretty impressive stuff but not each and every game for seasons on end.
10-07-2014, 02:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 02:54 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
Ratchford's neither big nor solid enough defensively to make it at loose-half the way Sculthorpe did.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
10-08-2014, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2014 02:55 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
(10-07-2014 02:55 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Ratchford's neither big nor solid enough defensively to make it at loose-half the way Sculthorpe did.

Agreed. Not big enough for the middle of the pitch but not good enough to play wide or behind the big lads. Pretty useless really. Might make it at cas.
10-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Fuck. I've only just seen that post of mine. Botched grammar, much?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
10-08-2014, 02:55 PM
It was understandable though which is kijda the aim of wordage!
10-08-2014, 02:55 PM
And it's not even 'loose-half' anymore; it's 'half-forward'.

10-09-2014, 12:11 AM
(10-08-2014 02:48 PM)drsrhino Wrote:  
(10-07-2014 02:55 PM)Genghis Von Battenberg Wrote:  Ratchford's neither big nor solid enough defensively to make it at loose-half the way Sculthorpe did.

Agreed. Not big enough for the middle of the pitch but not good enough to play wide or behind the big lads. Pretty useless really. Might make it at cas.

At centre maybe
10-16-2014, 09:59 AM
I thought he played well towards the end of the season but I agree he blows hot and cold

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)