Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Leeds 2015
09-29-2014, 08:31 PM
RE: Leeds rhinos squad 2015
(09-29-2014 03:33 PM)Cheese Wrote:  pito, are u ben white??

Haha, maybe 50 years ago Cheddar! Old enough to be his grandad now, and no
I'm not before you ask.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2014, 09:09 PM
Depressing article in yep today. Doesn't look like anyone else is coming in apart from cuthbertson.
09-30-2014, 07:51 AM
According to Dave Parker in today's League Weakly, Leeds are nailed on to sign Shaun Lunt as a replacement for Paul Aiton who is about to be shown the Headingley exit door as soon as his two year ban is confirmed.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
09-30-2014, 08:25 AM
(09-30-2014 07:51 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  According to Dave Parker in today's League Weakly, Leeds are nailed on to sign Shaun Lunt as a replacement for Paul Aiton who is about to be shown the Headingley exit door as soon as his two year ban is confirmed.

Unfortunately GH has put that to bed in todays YEP

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sp...-1-6868295

[Image: y3MAb4.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-30-2014, 08:36 AM
CHIEF EXECUTIVE Gary Hetherington has ruled out major changes to Leeds Rhinos’ backroom staff or playing squad ahead of next season.

Fans have called for new signings after Rhinos finished sixth in First Utility Super League, their lowest position in the table since 1996 and were knocked out in the first round of the play-offs. Hetherington backed coach Brian McDermott – who guided Rhinos to their first Challenge Cup triumph in 15 years this season – and called for fans to support the club’s way of doing things.

“I believe stability is a key factor for success,” Hetherington said.

“I know fans like to see a raft of new signings and new coaches and that model certainly operates in football today, but for me, that is the perfect recipe for non-achievement.

“It does provide instant interest and excitement, but for fans who crave to be part of a club that can consistently challenge for honours in a very tough and competitive league, then please put your trust in our model.”

At the start of this year Hetherington described Rhinos’ squad as the club’s best-ever – and he believes that has not changed.

“Our target for 2015 is to win the league leaders’ trophy, retain the Challenge Cup and win back the Super League title,” he said.

“And I firmly believe we will have our best-ever squad ready to meet this challenge and play together for the last time.”

Hetherington said all the current senior squad are contracted for 2015 and a 25-man full-time group will be confirmed within the next six weeks, but he stopped short of ruling out any new signings being made by the club.

“Recruitment is never done,” he said.

“At the moment we don’t have anybody lined up, but it’s an on-going process that never stops and never starts.”

The Leeds chief said speculation hooker Paul Aiton is set to leave the club and will be replaced by Huddersfield Giants’ Shaun Lunt is “entirely without foundation”.

The same old GH line that he gives every season.......

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
09-30-2014, 08:39 AM
Leeds rhinos squad 2015
Not quite sure how with no major change to this seasons squad he can claim next seasons will be your best ever squad!
09-30-2014, 08:53 AM
(09-30-2014 08:36 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  CHIEF EXECUTIVE Gary Hetherington has ruled out major changes to Leeds Rhinos’ backroom staff or playing squad ahead of next season.

Fans have called for new signings after Rhinos finished sixth in First Utility Super League, their lowest position in the table since 1996 and were knocked out in the first round of the play-offs. Hetherington backed coach Brian McDermott – who guided Rhinos to their first Challenge Cup triumph in 15 years this season – and called for fans to support the club’s way of doing things.

“I believe stability is a key factor for success,” Hetherington said.

“I know fans like to see a raft of new signings and new coaches and that model certainly operates in football today, but for me, that is the perfect recipe for non-achievement.

“It does provide instant interest and excitement, but for fans who crave to be part of a club that can consistently challenge for honours in a very tough and competitive league, then please put your trust in our model.”

At the start of this year Hetherington described Rhinos’ squad as the club’s best-ever – and he believes that has not changed.

“Our target for 2015 is to win the league leaders’ trophy, retain the Challenge Cup and win back the Super League title,” he said.

“And I firmly believe we will have our best-ever squad ready to meet this challenge and play together for the last time.”

Hetherington said all the current senior squad are contracted for 2015 and a 25-man full-time group will be confirmed within the next six weeks, but he stopped short of ruling out any new signings being made by the club.

“Recruitment is never done,” he said.

“At the moment we don’t have anybody lined up, but it’s an on-going process that never stops and never starts.”

The Leeds chief said speculation hooker Paul Aiton is set to leave the club and will be replaced by Huddersfield Giants’ Shaun Lunt is “entirely without foundation”.

The same old GH line that he gives every season.......

TRANSLATION - Season ticket sales are slow because fans were left uninspired by our dire 'regular season' performances. How can I put a spin on things to make them think next year will be any different?

[Image: tumblr_msbvetTHOF1sy99o8o1_500.gif]
09-30-2014, 09:36 AM
Quote:Dear MOT

2015 will be a special year for Rhinos fans and one which will see the end of an era for a special group and some legendary players.

We have a nucleus of players who have played a key role in delivering the most successful era in the Clubs’ history and that can continue next year, but then it will be the end for some; with Jamie Peacock and Kylie Leuluai already announcing it will be their last hoorah!

I hope as many people as possible, and especially youngsters come and watch this group play. I still hear people in Leeds talk with pride that they saw Lewis Jones, and its 50 years since Lewis played for Leeds, but the memory of his playing days has lived with so many. I want people in 50 years’ time to say how they saw Kevin Sinfield, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Jamie Peacock and others! All are in the autumn of their career and as we saw with Keith Senior, it can often come to a sudden end!

But there is no time limit on any of our players. Some like Jamie Peacock and Kylie Leuluai will call time and retire but our policy has changed. In the past, like most clubs, once a player had reached 32, we would find a replacement, but not now. Players nowadays are conditioned and managed differently and our coaches can assess the quality and consistency of their performance much more accurately with the aid of modern technology. We know for example that both Jamie and Kylie performed better throughout 2014 than they did in 2010! Our policy is therefore to retain our senior members and at the same time introduce young talented players into the squad who will strive to replace them through performance. This creates healthy competition and the challenge for such as Stevie Ward, Brad Singleton, Mitch Achurch, Josh Walters, Liam Sutcliffe, Elliot Minchella and others is to gain selection in front of their more established team mates.

This will, inevitably see a natural evolution and change in the team, and over time create a new core group of leaders. The benefits to our younger players to be amongst the seniors is invaluable and they are getting a unique education which will assist the club in years to come.

And so, in 2015 we will see a number of players play every game as though it will be their last, and a host of others striving to take their chance and cement their place in the team.

We have only one new signing from outside the club, but one who can make a big impact. Adam Cuthbertson is an established NRL ball playing forward and at 29 he is experienced, talented, tough and determined to make a difference.

Our other strengths, include our coaching and backroom staff. In Brian McDermott, we have one of the few experienced Super League Coaches who have held a Head Coach role for more than three years and he and his staff have created a terrific culture of spirit, dedication, camaraderie and ambition.

We also have stability which, I believe, is a key factor for success. Leeds United had it in the Revie era and Manchester United had it with Alex Ferguson. When clubs lose it, they often suffer and take a long time to get it back. I know fans like to see a raft of new signings and new coaches and that model certainly operates in football today, but for me, that is the perfect recipe for non-achievement. It does provide instant interest and excitement, but for fans who crave to be part of a club that can consistently challenge for honours in a very tough and competitive league, then please put your trust in our model!

Our target for 2015 is to win the League Leaders Trophy; retain the Challenge Cup and win back the Super League Title. And, I firmly believe we will have our best ever squad ready to meet this challenge and play together for the last time!

Gary Hetherington
Chief Executive

Subtext, we're not signing anyone but still expect to win everything
09-30-2014, 09:40 AM
(09-30-2014 09:36 AM)MOT Wrote:  
Quote:Dear MOT

2015 will be a special year for Rhinos fans and one which will see the end of an era for a special group and some legendary players.

We have a nucleus of players who have played a key role in delivering the most successful era in the Clubs’ history and that can continue next year, but then it will be the end for some; with Jamie Peacock and Kylie Leuluai already announcing it will be their last hoorah!

I hope as many people as possible, and especially youngsters come and watch this group play. I still hear people in Leeds talk with pride that they saw Lewis Jones, and its 50 years since Lewis played for Leeds, but the memory of his playing days has lived with so many. I want people in 50 years’ time to say how they saw Kevin Sinfield, Danny McGuire, Rob Burrow, Jamie Peacock and others! All are in the autumn of their career and as we saw with Keith Senior, it can often come to a sudden end!

But there is no time limit on any of our players. Some like Jamie Peacock and Kylie Leuluai will call time and retire but our policy has changed. In the past, like most clubs, once a player had reached 32, we would find a replacement, but not now. Players nowadays are conditioned and managed differently and our coaches can assess the quality and consistency of their performance much more accurately with the aid of modern technology. We know for example that both Jamie and Kylie performed better throughout 2014 than they did in 2010! Our policy is therefore to retain our senior members and at the same time introduce young talented players into the squad who will strive to replace them through performance. This creates healthy competition and the challenge for such as Stevie Ward, Brad Singleton, Mitch Achurch, Josh Walters, Liam Sutcliffe, Elliot Minchella and others is to gain selection in front of their more established team mates.

This will, inevitably see a natural evolution and change in the team, and over time create a new core group of leaders. The benefits to our younger players to be amongst the seniors is invaluable and they are getting a unique education which will assist the club in years to come.

And so, in 2015 we will see a number of players play every game as though it will be their last, and a host of others striving to take their chance and cement their place in the team.

We have only one new signing from outside the club, but one who can make a big impact. Adam Cuthbertson is an established NRL ball playing forward and at 29 he is experienced, talented, tough and determined to make a difference.

Our other strengths, include our coaching and backroom staff. In Brian McDermott, we have one of the few experienced Super League Coaches who have held a Head Coach role for more than three years and he and his staff have created a terrific culture of spirit, dedication, camaraderie and ambition.

We also have stability which, I believe, is a key factor for success. Leeds United had it in the Revie era and Manchester United had it with Alex Ferguson. When clubs lose it, they often suffer and take a long time to get it back. I know fans like to see a raft of new signings and new coaches and that model certainly operates in football today, but for me, that is the perfect recipe for non-achievement. It does provide instant interest and excitement, but for fans who crave to be part of a club that can consistently challenge for honours in a very tough and competitive league, then please put your trust in our model!

Our target for 2015 is to win the League Leaders Trophy; retain the Challenge Cup and win back the Super League Title. And, I firmly believe we will have our best ever squad ready to meet this challenge and play together for the last time!

Gary Hetherington
Chief Executive

Subtext, we're not signing anyone but still expect to win everything

Exactly - we will underachieve in 2015 and win nothing!
09-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Transition is upon us.

Sinfield, Mags, Burrow et al happens once in a lifetime, we can't expect to replicate that and should have planned accordingly.

Be interesting to see how we do next year, my interest free payments have started going out just fear I'll be watching some players play one season too many

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)