Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Announcement about an announcement blah blah
06-05-2015, 10:58 AM
(06-05-2015 09:54 AM)westy_warrior Wrote:  well generally jools in sport, the generall idea is to aim for the top and stay there - did you guys not get the memo? im sure there was a memo. so yes the teams at the top want to stay there. i think we can all agree that that is the general case, despite your suprise.

the problem is your worried about a player from hudds going to a bigger club, but you had no issue with taking huby off castlefords hands?? are you going to wrap him up, take him back and say sorry, are you returning brough too to wakey??

your best players are from other clubs who couldnt afford to keep them, yet your whinging in case we do go and steal those same players from you??? dont you think thats a bit hypocritical? its as if your saying hudds is the benchmark we should all aim for.

Wakey and cas --- not enough money
hudds -- right amount of money
wigan leeds ----- too much money.

Great argument westy- shame it diesnt stand up to scrutiny.
Who exactly are you talking about that we've signed who's parent club couldn't afford to keep them?
Let's look at our recent signings.
You reckon ferres Ellis and huby were earning so much more at Cas???
(Ferres and certainly Ellis weren't considered one of Cas best players at the time).
Taai was playing at the Warriors - I doubt we offered him more!
Koppy left a sinking ship. Chris Bailey and kaufusi????
Jodie broughton didn't come for the money - well not directly- he came because hudds would allow him to continue with his job in hudds as a QS whereas Salford wouldn't.

Brough will have come for more money- so you are talking about just brough then?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-05-2015, 11:06 AM
RE: Announcement about an announcement blah blah
(06-05-2015 10:58 AM)jools Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 09:54 AM)westy_warrior Wrote:  well generally jools in sport, the generall idea is to aim for the top and stay there - did you guys not get the memo? im sure there was a memo. so yes the teams at the top want to stay there. i think we can all agree that that is the general case, despite your suprise.

the problem is your worried about a player from hudds going to a bigger club, but you had no issue with taking huby off castlefords hands?? are you going to wrap him up, take him back and say sorry, are you returning brough too to wakey??

your best players are from other clubs who couldnt afford to keep them, yet your whinging in case we do go and steal those same players from you??? dont you think thats a bit hypocritical? its as if your saying hudds is the benchmark we should all aim for.

Who exactly are you talking about that we've signed who's parent club couldn't afford to keep them?
(Ferres and certainly Ellis weren't considered one of Cas best players at the time).
Jodie broughton didn't come for the money - well not directly- he came because hudds would allow him to continue with his job in hudds as a QS whereas Salford wouldn't.

Brough will have come for more money- so you are talking about just brough then?

chill jools, your going on about players i didnt even mention to argue a point, where did i mention ellis, ferres?? come on your better than to actually try and quote me on something i didnt say, seriously, bad form.

yes i think huby left cos cas couldnt afford him, why else would they let him go, because they couldnt offer him a deal to keep him, similar to the fact they had to sell clarke and chase, you dont let your best players leave no reason.

so, nobody has taken your best players but youve dont it to other clubs, (youve admitted brough went to you for the money) yet your whinging about something that you have done to other clubs but nobody has done to your club yet.

come on seriously, which super league club has been in and raped your club of its prized assets? and who do you think will leave next year to be a marquee signing at another club?
06-05-2015, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 11:17 AM by Trinity_13.)
Same old argument..........hudds do everything the right way.........everyone else is wrong......

Hudds also scavenged on Wakey when they knew they were in trouble...........
06-05-2015, 11:19 AM
(06-05-2015 11:14 AM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  Same old argument..........hudds do everything the right way.........everyone else is wrong......

Hudds also scavenged on Wakey when they knew they were in trouble...........

surely not trin, surely not.

happens in every sport, hudds are the proven case here but as soon as it might happen to them suddenly its fucking imoral.
06-05-2015, 11:26 AM
It's ridiculous.............who wouldn't want to see more top class players in sl???.........the "my teams got no money so I don't like it" bollocks is exactly that.........go through hudds team and how many have they not "procured" by offering them more money???? ..........it's how the whole world operates........
06-05-2015, 11:51 AM
(06-05-2015 11:06 AM)westy_warrior Wrote:  
(06-05-2015 10:58 AM)jools Wrote:  

chill jools, your going on about players i didnt even mention to argue a point, where did i mention ellis, ferres?? come on your better than to actually try and quote me on something i didnt say, seriously, bad form.

yes i think huby left cos cas couldnt afford him, why else would they let him go, because they couldnt offer him a deal to keep him, similar to the fact they had to sell clarke and chase, you dont let your best players leave no reason.

so, nobody has taken your best players but youve dont it to other clubs, (youve admitted brough went to you for the money) yet your whinging about something that you have done to other clubs but nobody has done to your club yet.

come on seriously, which super league club has been in and raped your club of its prized assets? and who do you think will leave next year to be a marquee signing at another club?

Cas could afford Huby, he just wanted a new challenge after being in our first team since he was 16 and after he's stuck through us with all the bad times we couldn't stand in his way. Apparently he is on similar money at Hudds
06-05-2015, 12:37 PM
my point is they wasnt able to throw a wank laod of money at him to keep him, what the fuck is the challenge at hudds what you dont get at cas. id understand if he went to leeds, challenge for honours like but saying he wants to go and play in front of less people at a similar standard for teh same money sounds like a huuge cop out.
06-05-2015, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2015 04:33 PM by jools.)
(06-05-2015 12:37 PM)westy_warrior Wrote:  my point is they wasnt able to throw a wank laod of money at him to keep him, what the fuck is the challenge at hudds what you dont get at cas. id understand if he went to leeds, challenge for honours like but saying he wants to go and play in front of less people at a similar standard for teh same money sounds like a huuge cop out.

I love the way you make yourself look clueless- they could pay him more than hudds were offering if they wanted- he's not on that much. And play in front of less people? Ok I'll give you 2014 Cas- having their best super league season ever- managed a massive 600 people more than hudds whereas the season before had a slightly lower attendance than hudds, and the season before that it was lower too, oh and also the season before that.....
But then any excuse to roll out the boring stuff about hudds attendances hey?

Of course I'm sure if it wasn't for your knee you'd be in a position to tell us first hand why a player like huby wouldn't want to freshen up his game by going somewhere new.
06-05-2015, 03:43 PM
What's he on jools????........and just to reinforce your incredible knowledge of your players wages..........what's my mate Danny on?????...........
06-05-2015, 04:38 PM
More than a fireman or a teacher gets in both cases trin.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)