Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Challenge Cup Semi final venues
06-30-2015, 02:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 02:21 PM by chesterhino.)
Leeds Rhinos and St Helens will make history on July 31 when they contest the first Ladbrokes Challenge Cup semi-final to be televised live on a Friday night.
Two clubs with a strong tradition of Friday night action will do battle for a place in the 2015 Ladbrokes Challenge Cup final on Saturday August 29 will meet at the Halliwell Jones Stadium for the ground-breaking semi-final, which kicks off on BBC Two at 8.00pm.

The second semi-final, Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers, will be played at Headingley Carnegie Stadium in Leeds on Saturday August 1 and will be televised live on BBC One with a 12.45pm kick-off.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: Challenge Cup Semi final venues
At Headingley - WTF?

Same day Leeds United have a big friendly with Everton
06-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Friday night m62.... Cant wait..... Gonna be some trip

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
06-30-2015, 02:30 PM
(06-30-2015 02:24 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  Friday night m62.... Cant wait..... Gonna be some trip

Especially at that time of year .... school hols and all. I'm going for the easy option and going on the rhinos coach. Interesting experiment as Saturdays rarely attract the expected crowd levels. We will see!
06-30-2015, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 03:26 PM by MOT.)
So we're the other side of the Pennines for a semi final again

Tempted to go and cheer KR on
06-30-2015, 03:30 PM
Saints have done more than their fare share of travelling to hudds for semi finals. (Ok not on a Friday night but still!)
06-30-2015, 03:33 PM
LAst year we played wire at Stains ground, this year we play stains at wire
06-30-2015, 03:37 PM
(06-30-2015 03:30 PM)Gateaux Wrote:  Saints have done more than their fare share of travelling to hudds for semi finals. (Ok not on a Friday night but still!)

And leeds have done their fair share of semis at the dw to play saints.....

Two years in a row is a bit daft..

06-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Ahh stop complaining!!

Realistically given wire play hull Kr meaning that a Leeds area ground makes the most sense for them then our game was always going to be this side as they try to split them.

There is no 'mid way' ground so one set of fans where always going to have to travel.
06-30-2015, 03:42 PM
As mid way as it gets is huddersfield.

"Ahh stop complaining" says the one who will have 10miles to travel lol.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)