Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Wire v Wigan- the big pie smash?
08-20-2015, 05:46 AM
RE: Wire v Wigan- the big pie smash?
Ahh can people only comment on the video if it was made by their club?

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
08-20-2015, 07:09 AM
Did I say that? Don't think I did, to talk about the video IS to talk about the game, as the video is describing said event, if people want to get arsey and say it's not doing its job, then tell me a promotional video that has been talked about more?
08-20-2015, 07:18 AM
Is it's job to get existing fans who would most likely watch the game to talk about it or to get new/floating fans to decide to go to the game though? It may achieve the first part but I would have thought the second part is more important.
08-20-2015, 07:20 AM
At this stage of the season, I hardly think new fans are their target audience
08-20-2015, 07:34 AM
(08-19-2015 09:49 PM)theonepointer Wrote:  it's a video, you'd think somebody murdered your kids the way you're going on, so what if it's shit? what does it matter to you?

Touchy much.

Think you are missing the point of a forum

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
08-20-2015, 07:48 AM
(08-19-2015 09:49 PM)theonepointer Wrote:  it's a video, you'd think somebody murdered your kids the way you're going on, so what if it's shit? what does it matter to you?

This could be the start of something wonderful.
08-20-2015, 08:25 AM
im no advertising expert but i reckon when they got their heads toegther in the marketing they didnt start with :

"lets make the worst fucking promo video possible to man, it should be cheap, it should be stupid, it should contain the fattest person we can find, and pies, lots of pies"

so it hasnt really done the job, it hasnt gotten anyone excited about the game, in fact what it has done is taken a game between 2 top teams, which are usually exciting quality games and got is instead talking about a shit video. thats not good advertising.
08-20-2015, 08:43 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2015 08:46 AM by theonepointer.)
So westy, what is there exciting about this game? There is nothing in it for us, nothing to get excited about, if we win, so what? Does it get us to a grand final? No, it's dead rubber

It's dead rubber, you know it, I know it and the marketing team know it

(08-20-2015 07:34 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  

Touchy much.

Think you are missing the point of a forum
Maybe I'll just sit on twitter all day and copy and paste
08-20-2015, 08:47 AM
so only games that get you to a grand final are exciting? youve been in one since 1998 havent you? that just the one exciting game for you then? maybe this is the issue with Wire fans. cant just go and watch a good game of rugby and appreciate it ?
08-20-2015, 08:48 AM
You're missing the point, what is there to get excited about? Wigan v wire? Really?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)