Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liverpool R.L
01-15-2016, 09:25 PM
RE: Liverpool R.L
'I'm Here to Show the World' would've been very apt music for him, too.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2016, 01:40 PM
I know it won't happen but wouldn't it be nice to have a team called Liverpool City, Liverpool liver birds playing in one of the National leagues.
02-12-2016, 11:11 PM
Liverpool City RL became Runcorn and then shipped off to Prescott. There is a shocking lack of interest in RL here in Runcorn, when you consider the town is half of the borough of Halton, along with Widnes, and the towns are litterally seperated by a short bridge. But I am on a one-man mission to change this, as puffball is so dominant here.

Incedently, the interest in RL in Liverpool is slightly less than that of Runcorn. My theory is that there isn't enough self-pity in our sport, whilst puffball is full of it. Apart from Everton of course.
02-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Keep Strong Si!

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
03-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Saw Liverpool City in the 60's. hammered every week.
03-09-2016, 08:01 PM
My Dad said they where an awful side.
03-10-2016, 01:06 PM
What colour kit did they have? If any one knows

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
03-10-2016, 07:40 PM
I think it was white sinkers not 100% sure though.
03-12-2016, 08:38 AM
I remember Runcorn and pre to well, a couple of friends played for them, struggled to get a team some weeks, any semi pro without a contract could almost turn up and get a game, never had the stability to make a go of it, always just hanging in there.

Shame, I hear scouse accents all the time at games, surely they could make a team work in Liverpool if we had a couple of big invaders like football
03-12-2016, 10:15 PM
(03-12-2016 08:38 AM)fuzzy Wrote:  I remember Runcorn and pre to well, a couple of friends played for them, struggled to get a team some weeks, any semi pro without a contract could almost turn up and get a game, never had the stability to make a go of it, always just hanging in there.

Shame, I hear scouse accents all the time at games, surely they could make a team work in Liverpool if we had a couple of big invaders like football

There just isn't the appetite for it fuzzy. The two massive puffball clubs are dominant and I don't think RL would break into the market. Merseyside has one club, St. Helens, there isn't the demand for another.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)