Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liverpool R.L
03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
RE: Liverpool R.L
(03-12-2016 10:15 PM)Derbysi Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 08:38 AM)fuzzy Wrote:  I remember Runcorn and pre to well, a couple of friends played for them, struggled to get a team some weeks, any semi pro without a contract could almost turn up and get a game, never had the stability to make a go of it, always just hanging in there.

Shame, I hear scouse accents all the time at games, surely they could make a team work in Liverpool if we had a couple of big invaders like football

There just isn't the appetite for it fuzzy. The two massive puffball clubs are dominant and I don't think RL would break into the market. Merseyside has one club, St. Helens, there isn't the demand for another.

Indeed Derby, tbh I wouldn't want a Liverpool team either.

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2016, 10:50 AM
Potential to tap into a bigger market just because of the name though?
03-13-2016, 06:58 PM
There'd be no point having a team as all there stuff would just get blagged anyway
03-13-2016, 07:22 PM
Yeh there's a lack of appetite which is a shame. But since then we have turned to summer rugby so less of an issue with football, albeit there's a big overlap, it all comes down to money. If someone had money to plough into it for a sustained period of time then it may get a small foothold, but we would need millions, pretty much the same with most development areas
03-13-2016, 09:35 PM
I think there's somewhat of an appreciation of the game in Liverpool.

A Super League team/'franchise' would be (more) insanity, but as we're handing out League One places to the four corners of the globe, give the city a team in a place like Prescot or Page Moss, where it isn't quite wool, but isn't quite Liverpool/Everton territoriality. Obviously Prescot and Page Moss are just examples; you couldn't just dump a club there without the proper facilities, but I think it's an experiment worth conducting nonetheless.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
03-14-2016, 08:05 PM
St Helens and Widnes do that job GVB. If those two were tapping into the Liverpool market, it might be worth a try but I just don't think the support would be there.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)