Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liverpool R.L
01-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Liverpool R.L
I follow a group on FB called The Liverpool Nobody Knows Tour and this little story popped up.

Liverpool is not a city you would associate with rugby league - and with good reason! A professional rugby league club, Liverpool City, once existed here and played for one season - 1906-1907.
They played at the Stanley Athletics Ground - the location of which is unclear. It is believed they played in blue and yellow.

In the rugby league record books Liverpool City hold a joint record - for losing every game in a season. They finished bottom of the league of twenty six clubs.

The highlight of their season - a draw against Bramley - was later expunged from the records because the return game wasn't played. The low point of Liverpool Citys season was probably a 68-0 defeat at the hands of St Helens - the game being played on the 30th March 1907.

Liverpool City subsequently disappeared. Another Liverpool City rugby league existed between 1951-1968 ( their badge shown below ) but they had no connection with the original club by that name.

https://m.facebook.com/TheLiverpoolNobodyKnowsTour/

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2016, 07:30 PM
RE: Liverpool R.L
They eventually became Runcorn in the eighties didn't they and then Prescott in the nineties.
01-15-2016, 08:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016 08:45 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
"It didn't work there 100 years ago. Better start one in South Wales." - The RFL Special Expansion Delegation Unit on 'Operation Gareth Thomas'.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
01-15-2016, 09:10 PM
(01-15-2016 07:30 PM)billie joe Wrote:  They eventually became Runcorn in the eighties didn't they and then Prescott in the nineties.

Not a scooby doo mate

01-15-2016, 09:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2016 09:16 PM by Genghis Von Battenberg.)
Didn't they eventually wind up (quite literally) as Blackpool Scorpions, after more gimmick changes than Kevin Nash?

Panthers, not Scorpions.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
01-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Funk knows

01-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Actually, Wikipedia knows. Probably.

01-15-2016, 09:19 PM
I only play the "all roads lead to hitler/nazis" on wiki now I no longer write essays

01-15-2016, 09:20 PM
I do the same, but with Jim Cornette instead of A-Dolf.

01-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Dolf Hitler, jobbing to Europe like a pro

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)