Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Salford v Widnes
02-18-2016, 04:23 PM
Thumbs Up Salford v Widnes
Really looking forward to this one. Both teams played well last week and it's a great opportunity to get some points on the board whilst the top 8 from last season don't play in SL. I think Widnes will win but it'll be close. Hopefully we can shut Dobson down as he has played well against us in the past. Sa, white, brown, Rinciman and Thompson all had stormers against Leeds, so I'm expecting them to give Salford lots of problems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: Salford v Widnes
Hopefully you will get a game this week si.

Hard to see where teams are this season, so I'm fucked if I know who's gonna win this one. Personally think Salford will just edge it due to home advantage

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
02-18-2016, 04:31 PM
derbo... do u see ur players altering their game when they play away?? i mean in regard to playing on the grass as oppossed to ur magic surface at home.
02-19-2016, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2016 09:17 AM by Derbysi.)
I don't think it's so much that, as other teams altering their game at our place. I do think the fact the players are based at the stadium full time helps, training and doing everything in one place.

(02-18-2016 04:29 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  Hopefully you will get a game this week si.

Hard to see where teams are this season, so I'm fucked if I know who's gonna win this one. Personally think Salford will just edge it due to home advantage

I'm trying to strip away the poor performances of saints & Leeds and look at what Widnes and Salford did right. Both played genuinely good football, rather than simply cashing in on opposition bad days. But I'm happy that if widnes can control the leaks in defence as they are doing this year, and keep whingey McWhinge-whinge from causing us too much damage, our attack has enough to turn them over
02-19-2016, 09:48 AM
Should be a good close game, both teams have started well so will be looking to build from here. As usual the half backs will be the key, whoever keeps Brown or Dobson quiet the better will win
02-19-2016, 09:53 AM
This is a huge game already, most people would of only give Salford 2 points from our first 5 league fixtures so after the Saints victory if we can get another here will be a great start for us. I wouldn't just worry about Dobson giving you problems either, Lui was the main man against the Saints and he ran the show. This really could go either way, I had this down as a Salford win but after seeing what Widnes did to Leeds I am not so confident, but if we approach the game in the same manor in which we did the last game we will win. But it should be a close game. Hopefully the attendance will be up on last weeks game.

Salford For the Top 8 Easyyyyyy
02-19-2016, 05:14 PM
Widnes squad:

3 Chris Bridge
6 Kevin Brown
13 Hep Cahill
18 Gil Dudson
32 Connor Farrell
21 Tom Gilmore
1 Rhys Hanbury
33 Aaron Heremaia
11 Chris Houston
19 Macgraff Leuluai
10 Manase Manuokafoa
17 Stefan Marsh
7 Joe Mellor
8 Eamon O’Carroll
4 Charly Runciman
15 Setaimata Sa
2 Corey Thompson
9 Lloyd White
22 Matt Whitley
02-19-2016, 09:07 PM
is that about ur strongest squad derbo??
02-19-2016, 09:56 PM
Yep. I feel sorry for paddy Flynn as he's always scored tries, but he's too easily dragged inside when defending. I think he'll be restricted to playing as cover this season.
02-19-2016, 09:57 PM
quite looking forward to sundays game.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)