Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cap breaches
03-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Cap breaches
http://rugby-league.com/article/33675/rf...red-devils

The RFL has issued charges in relation to alleged breaches of the RFL Operational Rules and Salary Cap Regulations concerning contractual arrangements made with Salford players in 2014 and 2015.

The charges will be considered by an independent Off Field Operational Rules Tribunal, at a date to be confirmed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2016, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 09:40 AM by Moc.)
RE: Cap breaches
Chase must have cost a fucking fortune

Salford could be docked as many as 20 points after being charged with alleged breaches of salary cap regulations.

Not sure where BBC got 20points from?
03-04-2016, 09:54 AM
(03-04-2016 09:38 AM)Moc Wrote:  Chase must have cost a fucking fortune

Salford could be docked as many as 20 points after being charged with alleged breaches of salary cap regulations.

Not sure where BBC got 20points from?

Not sure, seems a lot but then if it's over 2 seasons 10 a season doesn't seem as extreme.

Does also bring into question what went wrong with the live cap. Obviously (if found guilty etc etc) the creative accounting was very creative!
03-04-2016, 09:58 AM
20 points is the maximum suspension if found guilty, but id imagine youd have to break it by a long way to get that much of a deduction.

could explain their good start to the season, need to get points on the board incase they lose some

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
03-04-2016, 10:03 AM
With the whole middle 8 set up its bloody pointless anyway - a real punishment would them getting 2/4 points deducted from the middle 8 table
03-04-2016, 10:23 AM
Cap breaches
(03-04-2016 09:58 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  20 points is the maximum suspension if found guilty, but id imagine youd have to break it by a long way to get that much of a deduction.

could explain their good start to the season, need to get points on the board incase they lose some

It's from 2014 and 2015, not this season

LeedsLeedsLeedsHeart
03-04-2016, 10:50 AM
(03-04-2016 10:23 AM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  
(03-04-2016 09:58 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  20 points is the maximum suspension if found guilty, but id imagine youd have to break it by a long way to get that much of a deduction.

It's from 2014 and 2015, not this season

Yes I know.

I'm saying that Salford might have known this was coming.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
03-04-2016, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016 11:17 AM by LucaUtd1.)
If we get fined shame really because for the first time since Koukash took over we are becoming a solid team, any points deduction will be a huge blow to our top 8 hopes. Bit if we broke the cap we have to accept the punishment if found guilty as long as we are treated the same as other clubs who have broken the cap, 20 points or anything like it would be ridiculous.

Marwan Koukash ‏@drmarwanK 2m2 minutes ago
I do not know what all this fuss is about .
Calm down !!!

Koukash doesn't seem too worried haha

Salford For the Top 8 Easyyyyyy
03-04-2016, 11:25 AM
The right amount of points would very much depend on the breeches and how they occurred really. 10 points per season for 2 seasons wouldn't necessarily be excessive unless it was very minor breeches.

Will be interesting to see how things develop though, wouldn't be surprising if this didn't open a whole can of worms for other clubs though.
03-04-2016, 11:26 AM
We'll soon see - Kookash did say a couple of years ago that he would break the cap

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)