Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Brough Cannoball Tackle???????????
03-30-2016, 04:41 PM
RE: Brough Cannoball Tackle???????????
perfectly fair tackle as far as i see....and i might add, a tackle u can see 15 to 20 times in any game.

moving on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2016, 05:19 PM
It's similar to the Tomkins one on huby a few minutes later Luca. Neither have received a charge- and remember the panel see more footage than that from different angles. The chase one wasn't his knee he grabbed his foot and bent the joint against its natural movement.
03-31-2016, 08:50 AM
Jools please show me a clip of the Tomkins tackle on Hubby was nothing like that one on Caton-Brown, I was sat with Hudds fans and even they said Brough was very lucky. Ollie plays for Hudds and said Brough was lucky.

You see chester this type of thing is a perfect example of how Salford players get treated differently, had that tackle been made by a Salford player would of been a definite ban no doubt. Chase's tackle last season was just a bad not worse the outcome was just as bad for the victim long term injury

Salford For the Top 8 Easyyyyyy
03-31-2016, 08:53 AM
[Image: db01056f52c5342108cb4d7a31df84af.jpg]
03-31-2016, 08:57 AM
Fucking hell jools I hope you are under 10 .You cheese and chester are surely prime contenders for the undatables.

03-31-2016, 09:18 AM
Personally I think that the third man coming in needs to have some accountability for how they make contact with an attacking player
03-31-2016, 09:23 AM
Was no need for Brough to go in at all let alone so low, was a horrible tackle and how anyone can defend it is beyond me. Caton-Brown is out for 8 weeks minimum and Brough doesn't get any time off. Shocking

03-31-2016, 10:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-31-2016 10:10 AM by jools.)
(03-31-2016 09:18 AM)MOT Wrote:  Personally I think that the third man coming in needs to have some accountability for how they make contact with an attacking player

Surely that's what is done at the disciplinary- in this case the panel have decided the contact was ok. Saying behind the knees and with range of natural movement. The player wasn't held motionless - he was still moving forward and making ground. They see more footage than we do regarding each incident.
Odd that Salford are citing a "lower leg injury" rather than a specific area. Wonder if it's actually his ankle......

(03-31-2016 09:23 AM)LucaUtd1 Wrote:  Was no need for Brough to go in at all let alone so low, was a horrible tackle and how anyone can defend it is beyond me. Caton-Brown is out for 8 weeks minimum and Brough doesn't get any time off. Shocking

What's shocking is you are still moaning about this instead of worrying about what the negative publicity your fans have given this sport and what the RFL are going to do regarding the two separate incidents they are investigating regarding wrongdoing by your club and fans.
Given the national publicity hasn't been as big since the flower incident I would imagine the RFL will want to be seen to be doing something. Making the lunchtime radio 1 news must be s first for RL- well done. I also suspect your crowds are going to start to go back down.
03-31-2016, 10:44 AM
Why would our crowds go back down? Talk out of your arse you do, and never make sense. You are just better agreeing with everything chester says. All publicity is good when it comes to RL. I personally don't give a toss about a couple of drunk muppets causing trouble at a game, I care more that we have a mounting injury list and one of your players put Caton-Brown out for 2 months foul play and fuck all is being done about it.

03-31-2016, 10:50 AM
Luca. It. Wasn't. Foul. Play. An independent panel said so. Let it go.

Why would your crowds go back down? Well how many folk are going to want to take their kids to a game where the crowd throws flares and kicks off?
Given there has been trouble with your fans at the last two games between our clubs- (your chairman claimed he was going to ban the numpties for life last time- seems that didn't happen) I won't be taking my kids to Salford on a Friday night in June thanks!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)