Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Brough Cannoball Tackle???????????
03-30-2016, 02:51 PM
Brough Cannoball Tackle???????????
Well well well Brough clearly dangerously tackles Caton-Brown whilst he is being held by 2 players sustaining an injury which will keep him out for almost 3 months, and fuck all is being done about it?? Yet Chase got a 7 game ban for almost an identical tackle against Huddersfield on Brough I believe. Absolute disgrace. Why are people not calling for Brough's head?????

Could of done without that as well our injury list starting to mount up now, Lee, Vidot, Hauraki, Lui, Caton-Brown, Johnson all missing for the wakefield game, and 3 or 4 major doubts.

Salford For the Top 8 Easyyyyyy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
RE: Brough Cannoball Tackle???????????
Why are people not calling for broughs head???

Probably because nobody has seen the incident and no journo has mentioned any foul play from what I've seen.

Got a link?

Wouldn't want to think you are going over the top.....

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
(03-30-2016 02:54 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  Got a link?

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_2142...nball.html

Seems its Reds making all the noise, even a little video
03-30-2016, 02:59 PM
No media coverage was made of the Chase tackle was just that prick Anderson calling for him to be banned and people on here because some one probably like Jools was making out it was a shit bag tackle, yet she hasn't said shit about Broughs tackle?? I will find you a link

03-30-2016, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-30-2016 03:00 PM by Moc.)
Hmm its tough for me, all happens very quickly and im not sure at any point Caton-Brown was stationary

03-30-2016, 03:01 PM
Moc come off it mate its a shockingly dangerous tackle and Brough's got off with it

03-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Hard to see on that one, it looks like brough grabs both legs.

It isn't a cannonball

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
03-30-2016, 03:24 PM
You can cannonball two legs at once though can’t you?

I thought it was just excessive pressure/weight on the legs of a stationary (?) player?

NRL
The tackles, which have been tagged "the cannonball" or "kneecapper", occur when a player charges at an opponent's legs while he is being held up by a teammate.
03-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Hard to tell without another angle, the chase one was clear as day (helped by the camera angle)

03-30-2016, 04:39 PM
He went in from behind and the legs were bent at the knee so it didn't look bad on that angle.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)