Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tigers v Warriors
05-27-2016, 07:19 AM
RE: Tigers v Warriors
(05-27-2016 12:11 AM)CherryPie Wrote:  Thaler getting so much stick yet it turns out most of his decisions were correct! The one at the end of the first half wasn't offside because Gildart only touched the ball once he was behind the point where Manfredi last touched it. Basically, Webster only has himself to blame since his absence helped Wigan early in the second half.
The Gildart possible knock on, once again Thaler calls it correctly before getting the ref to check. Lots of people were claiming Powell was offside within the 10 but that only applies if there is a defending player competing for the ball, which there wasn't. Once again, spot on from Thaler.
Two very difficult calls to make live, Thaler gets them both correct and is getting slated for it!

There was plenty of backchat from both sides during that game and a lot of niggle. Powell is going on about Thaler being disrespectful but the players didn't exactly give him any respect so fair play to him for talking to them like naughty schoolchildren.

Gale doesn't exactly endear himself to referees though. He was sin binned in the reverse fixture earlier in the year and every time I've seen him play he's given the officials more than a reasonable amount of backchat. It doesn't surprise me that Thaler had no patience for him.

For me that was Wigan's best win of the season. It wasn't pretty, but we always struggle at Cas so any win is a good win.

Tomkins and Williams being back in the side seems to have given the players more confidence and taken the playmaking responsibilities away from Smith, so he can just play a simple game of kicking and organising the attacking line.

Unfortunately, I think we're going to lose in the cup game, which is the one that matters more.

But how can the bloke penalise one side relentlessly including sending off for chelp when both are at it? The defending player comment is found to be bollocks, if the player is offside at the kick & within 10 m of where the ball comes down then he's offside he then went on to score the try. It was awful reffing & as far as I can see everyone in the game saw right through Thaler apart from the wigin lot, funny that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2016, 07:31 AM
I thought the rule was that as the Wigan player caught the ball (gildart who was onside) then it didn't matter?

And it was only offside if the Cas player caught it.... And dropped it?

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
05-27-2016, 08:43 AM
(05-27-2016 07:19 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  But how can the bloke penalise one side relentlessly including sending off for chelp when both are at it? The defending player comment is found to be bollocks, if the player is offside at the kick & within 10 m of where the ball comes down then he's offside he then went on to score the try. It was awful reffing & as far as I can see everyone in the game saw right through Thaler apart from the wigin lot, funny that.

Bloody hell you're a sore loser. The defending player comment isn't bollocks, it's the rules. If a player in an offside position from a kick comes within 10m of a defending player attempting to catch the ball he's offside. No defending player attempted to catch the ball, just Gildart, who touched it and played Powell onside. That's the rule. But you can whinge all you like.

Also, the penalty count was 11-9, so hardly a case of Thaler relentlessly penalising one side.

Webster was sent off for the comments he made. Nobody heard them so we can only assume that it was for more than just the back chat that both teams were giving.

Also, 'everyone in the game' thought Thaler's officiating was bad? Nope, just some one eyed Yorkshiremen who don't know the rules.
05-27-2016, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2016 09:08 AM by MOT.)
Bloody hell you're a sore winner.

Wigan only just got over the line last night because of a lot of luck and getting just about every 50/50 decision

That and Webster was an idiot
05-27-2016, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2016 11:39 AM by whotobeA.)
(05-27-2016 08:43 AM)CherryPie Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 07:19 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  But how can the bloke penalise one side relentlessly including sending off for chelp when both are at it? The defending player comment is found to be bollocks, if the player is offside at the kick & within 10 m of where the ball comes down then he's offside he then went on to score the try. It was awful reffing & as far as I can see everyone in the game saw right through Thaler apart from the wigin lot, funny that.

Bloody hell you're a sore loser. The defending player comment isn't bollocks, it's the rules. If a player in an offside position from a kick comes within 10m of a defending player attempting to catch the ball he's offside. No defending player attempted to catch the ball, just Gildart, who touched it and played Powell onside. That's the rule. But you can whinge all you like.

Also, the penalty count was 11-9, so hardly a case of Thaler relentlessly penalising one side.

Webster was sent off for the comments he made. Nobody heard them so we can only assume that it was for more than just the back chat that both teams were giving.

Also, 'everyone in the game' thought Thaler's officiating was bad? Nope, just some one eyed Yorkshiremen who don't know the rules.

bloody hell you are a shite winner. We've lost to better than your lot this yr & I've had no issue at all tbf. That last night was bollocks, the player who scored the try was offside from the kick, we had players within distance of the ball, the letter. Of the law says he need to be 10m away otherwise surly he could just have caught the ball from an offside position?
Bateman punches a player on the floor before throwing the ball at his head, dorn gives him a shove away & gets the rounds of the kitchen, Bateman get a nod & smile. Bateman goes on to nearly pull Webster head off on our own line, Webster gets tackled & it's a goal line drop out. Don't know if you were there but the shit list goes on. As I said I'm not sure we'd have won but the 50/50 weren't 50/50 last night.
Webster was sent off for questioning a decision much the same way the Wigan players did, we were also penalised for this yet Wigan received nothing. One eyed Yorkshireman is a shortcut to thinking comment. You have one of the worse coaches in the game for that shit so stop talking off the top of your head. It was a poorly reffed game.
05-27-2016, 12:02 PM
(05-27-2016 11:30 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  bloody hell you are a shite winner. We've lost to better than your lot this yr & I've had no issue at all tbf. That last night was bollocks, the player who scored the try was offside from the kick, we had players within distance of the ball, the letter. Of the law says he need to be 10m away otherwise surly he could just have caught the ball from an offside position?
Bateman punches a player on the floor before throwing the ball at his head, dorn gives him a shove away & gets the rounds of the kitchen, Bateman get a nod & smile. Bateman goes on to nearly pull Webster head off on our own line, Webster gets tackled & it's a goal line drop out. Don't know if you were there but the shit list goes on. As I said I'm not sure we'd have won but the 50/50 weren't 50/50 last night.
Webster was sent off for questioning a decision much the same way the Wigan players did, we were also penalised for this yet Wigan received nothing. One eyed Yorkshireman is a shortcut to thinking comment. You have one of the worse coaches in the game for that shit so stop talking off the top of your head. It was a poorly reffed game.

You just don't understand the rules and since I've already explained them to you I can only assume you just don't want to because you'd rather feel hard done to and pretend that it was the ref that cost you the game, which I admit Cas could easily have won.

Bateman punched no one on the floor. He had a bit of a swipe after being held down and dropped the ball on the players head. Even if the ref had seen it Dorn would still have had a bollocking for the way he ran in. Thaler was asking players from both teams to cool it and would have done the same to Bateman had he seen it. Dorn was rightly given the rounds of the kitchen for charging in and causing a ground cuddle. That's how it always goes. The man who runs in gets a bollocking.

Dorn's no try, a 50/50 call, sent to the video ref as a try. Sutton's no try, looked like it probably should have been a try, given as no try. Two 50/50's right there that Thaler gave Castleford's way. It just happens one of them was overturned.

In the incident where Flower was injured near our line and play was stopped, the Cas player clearly loses the ball going for the line. Thaler allows Cas to play on at tackle 5. That's not a 50/50, it's just an incorrect call in Cas' favour and would have been a crucial one had a try followed from tackle 5.

Also, you don't know what Webster said to get sent off so why you're insisting he did nothing that any other player did I don't know. Nobody heard what was said over the ref's mic. If there was some big vendetta against Cas then he'd have had plenty of opportunities to send players off for back chat.

You can whinge about the referee all you want. Wigan were the better side last night and Thaler got the big calls spot on. Nothing is going to change that.
05-27-2016, 12:41 PM
(05-27-2016 12:02 PM)CherryPie Wrote:  
(05-27-2016 11:30 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  bloody hell you are a shite winner. We've lost to better than your lot this yr & I've had no issue at all tbf. That last night was bollocks, the player who scored the try was offside from the kick, we had players within distance of the ball, the letter. Of the law says he need to be 10m away otherwise surly he could just have caught the ball from an offside position?

You just don't understand the rules and since I've already explained them to you I can only assume you just don't want to because you'd rather feel hard done to and pretend that it was the ref that cost you the game, which I admit Cas could easily have won.

Bateman punched no one on the floor. He had a bit of a swipe after being held down and dropped the ball on the players head. Even if the ref had seen it Dorn would still have had a bollocking for the way he ran in. Thaler was asking players from both teams to cool it and would have done the same to Bateman had he seen it. Dorn was rightly given the rounds of the kitchen for charging in and causing a ground cuddle. That's how it always goes. The man who runs in gets a bollocking.

Dorn's no try, a 50/50 call, sent to the video ref as a try. Sutton's no try, looked like it probably should have been a try, given as no try. Two 50/50's right there that Thaler gave Castleford's way. It just happens one of them was overturned.

In the incident where Flower was injured near our line and play was stopped, the Cas player clearly loses the ball going for the line. Thaler allows Cas to play on at tackle 5. That's not a 50/50, it's just an incorrect call in Cas' favour and would have been a crucial one had a try followed from tackle 5.

Also, you don't know what Webster said to get sent off so why you're insisting he did nothing that any other player did I don't know. Nobody heard what was said over the ref's mic. If there was some big vendetta against Cas then he'd have had plenty of opportunities to send players off for back chat.

You can whinge about the referee all you want. Wigan were the better side last night and Thaler got the big calls spot on. Nothing is going to change that.

Thaler didn't even consider checking until the Wigan players started dancing around him asking for it to go to the video ref
05-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Tbf it was the touch judges that told him to look at it. And rightly so

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
05-27-2016, 03:00 PM
My gripe is that Thaler always gives Wigan leniency for shithousing, slowing down etc. Not complaining about any of the tries scored. I'm sure I saw him wink at a Wigan player after the little set-to that the dirty gyppo Bateman started.
05-27-2016, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2016 03:12 PM by whotobeA.)
-----
A swipe & dropped the ball, dorns fault etc, Pmsl, you stick with that then, & you call me one eyed.

Cas players approach ref, he gives a pen for one & yellow card to other, Wigan players approach him they get asked to get on with game.

(05-27-2016 03:00 PM)RoC of 606 Wrote:  My gripe is that Thaler always gives Wigan leniency for shithousing, slowing down etc. Not complaining about any of the tries scored. I'm sure I saw him wink at a Wigan player after the little set-to that the dirty gyppo Bateman started.

But all Bateman did was drop the ball he was bound to get a little wink & smile :/

Pies won't ever see the one sided shithousing stuff, even if they weren't actually there. Wane is so quick to pounce on the game being slowed when they get beat.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)