Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Cooper returns
06-17-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Cooper returns
Mmmmmmm, many have said that, I understand why, I'd prefer it if we had enough big teams and more quality players, but we don't so I prefer the franchise system until we can improve

This is were we need to spread the game, too many championship sides are small town sides, never going to attract big crowds and lots of players.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2016, 12:13 PM
(06-17-2016 11:19 AM)fuzzy Wrote:  Mmmmmmm, many have said that, I understand why, I'd prefer it if we had enough big teams and more quality players, but we don't so I prefer the franchise system until we can improve

This is were we need to spread the game, too many championship sides are small town sides, never going to attract big crowds and lots of players.

That's why I like the league dropping to 12, once the championship teams have had a few years experience of how it is now (providing they dont change) they should become a stronger league, with a few ex superleague teams, hopefully that will result in two strong/er leagues.
06-17-2016, 12:15 PM
Franchise was done well by some, poorly by others.

Widnes steadily built each year, along with how competitive they were. Wakey were/are just shite and nearly went belly up, repeatedly.

Plus if you're going down the franchise route, go whole hog and focus on cities/expanding the game, subsidising if necessary
06-17-2016, 12:30 PM
(06-17-2016 12:15 PM)MOT Wrote:  Franchise was done well by some, poorly by others.

Widnes steadily built each year, along with how competitive they were. Wakey were/are just shite and nearly went belly up, repeatedly.

Plus if you're going down the franchise route, go whole hog and focus on cities/expanding the game, subsidising if necessary

I sincerely hope they dont go back down that route. The game isn't going to expand nationwide as much as some would love it too. It is a minority sport and has been since its exsistance. Some like the fact that it is, they can travel quite comfortably to all games, perhaps with the exception of France. It's affordable for most. No matter how big superleague/rugby league becomes it won't attract the top talent from overseas (talking NRL as it is a superior league) unless they are coming to the end of their careers or have done something wrong (like shag dogs or a team mates missus or pissed in their mouth etc). I prefer it how it is now than how it was a few years back with the franchise system. Never go back.
06-17-2016, 12:44 PM
I think they've got it about right at the moment
06-17-2016, 01:17 PM
I don't like this middle 8 format long term. I like to short term, makes everyone realise what is required but seems a bit gimmicky to be sustainable

I don't like 12 teams, too many repeat games, 14 is better but we struggle to field 14 decent sized teams

Spread the game, go back to 14, remove middle 8s after another season and replace with single play off game is my hope
06-17-2016, 03:47 PM
We can go back to 14 once the champions a stronger league, however I would still keep promotion and relegation. It's how all sports should be, beat finish top worst go down. Its rewarding the best and not mediocrity.
06-17-2016, 07:07 PM
I'd be more inclined to agree if we had the depth and structure but sadly we don't, hopefully we will improve in time, it's stronger than it was before super league so maybe another 20 years??it will be even bigger and better, we can hope anyway

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)