Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tigers vs Wolves
07-15-2016, 01:03 PM
Tigers vs Wolves
Daryl Powell has named his 19 man squad to take on Warrington Wolves here at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Sunday 17 July. KO 3.30pm.
The Wolves gave the Tigers a real good hiding back when the two teams met at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in March, with the Tigers returning the favour at Magic Weekend in May so it’s one all on the tally this season, and both teams will be fighting to get the two points on offer this Sunday.

Daryl Powell makes just one change to his squad after revealing earlier this week that Nathan Massey requires surgery to a scaphoid injury, the same injury he’s been carrying all season after the injury failed to heal following pre season surgery. Tom Holmes will replace Massey in the 19 man squad this weekend.

Speaking earlier today Powell said: “Last week’s win was important and it makes us a little bit more comfortable now with what we are doing for the rest of the season. We didn’t want to be in the Middle 8’s and I’m sure nobody does. Now we want to make sure we end this season as high as we possibly can. This Sunday we need to make sure we play as well as we did with the ball last weekend, and play a little bit better defensively as we conceded some soft tries last week. We are focused now on these next two games ahead of us.”

Castleford Tigers squad v Warrington Wolves – Sunday 17 July KO 3.30pm

35. Rangi Chase
16. Matt Cook
19. Ben Crooks
1. Luke Dorn
7. Luke Gale
18. Ryan Hampshire
11. Oliver Holmes
27. Tom Holmes
23. Will Maher
20. Frankie Mariano
15. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
9. Adam Milner
24. Greg Minikin
17. Junior Moors
32. Larne Patrick
5. Denny Solomona
22. Gadwin Springer
33. Danny Tickle

===

With the knowledge that we are safely in the top 8, hopefully we'll relax and play our best stuff and give it to Warrington. I'd like to see the same 17 as last week play
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: Tigers vs Wolves
Done in 15 mins after ht. We looked good for the result first half but gale was a mile off the pace for some reason & couldn't get his kicks right. Fair play to wire once they get a role on they tek some stopping.
07-17-2016, 05:02 PM
You reckon wire could end up champs whoto ?

Where is Clem Fandango ?
07-17-2016, 05:51 PM
If they stay consistent then they could but I think like ull they'll struggle when it comes to the experience of the real business end.
07-18-2016, 09:58 AM
Shame, when I saw the score at half-time I hoped we'd kick on. We still seem to clock off and not play for the full 80 mins

How did Rangi get on?
07-18-2016, 11:43 AM
Chase got some game time. Wasn't 100% on the moves which is to be expected but he did Alot of things of old. I think when he gets going come good again as the elusive runs are still there & class ball in hand, the big thing will be keeping his head straight.
07-18-2016, 11:52 AM
I just hope he plays with the team, rather than play as the team... if it's the latter, we could go backwards very quickly!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)