Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leeds v wigan
07-16-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Leeds v wigan
Leeds look a completely different team to the one that was playing in the first half of the season that's for sure. Last night they were closer to the Leeds of last season although still a little way off. Had they been in and around the top 4 at this point and playing as they are now they'd be one of the favourites. What's happened this season must surely have been a perfect storm of disruption and adversity. It's a shame that Wigan won't play Leeds again this year as the games are usually very entertaining.

Segeyaro was very good at dummy half. His quick, short, flat passes from the ruck caused plenty of problems. It made me glad that we're getting Leuluai back next year as he plays in a similar way at dummy half and it's very effective when the forwards are making good carries.

From a Wigan perspective I thought Wigan did okay although it wasn't one of our best performances. Regardless of who was missing there was enough quality out there to get the win. It was disappointing that without Tomkins at fullback Matty Smith went back to being flat out useless. No creativity, dumb kicks, no threat.

Wane, for all the good that he's obviously doing for the team, completely baffles me when he moves Williams to hooker. Williams is our number one attacking threat and has created most of our tries in the last few weeks. I don't understand the logic of moving our most dangerous player from where he's causes the most problems into the middle of the park where he's less effective and the team subsequently has no creative outlet. With Tomkins at fullback we could perhaps get away with it, but Tierney has no playmaking ability so last night it was shooting ourselves in the foot. At one point Williams was playing loose forward, where at least he can have more of a creative influence, but he's far better out on the left edge.

It wasn't a defeat that was too hard to take but I still think we continue to be scrappy in games. The quality comes in fits and starts. If it's going to be a successful season we need to start playing well.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2016, 09:30 AM
(07-16-2016 09:16 AM)CherryPie Wrote:  Leeds look a completely different team to the one that was playing in the first half of the season that's for sure.

That's because we are! With the exception of Mags and Garbutt, we had a full side (hardaker aside)
07-16-2016, 09:31 AM
(07-16-2016 08:35 AM)jools Wrote:  Don't be mean MOT - poor Trin hasn't had anything to be happy about for over 15 years. This year they have beaten all the top sides. There was once they finished 5th you know!!!
Let him celebrate his team being in 8th place. Even though Leeds and Giants have been shit this year they have to be so grateful that salfords owner messed up in previous years.

Hahaha...........spoken by the fan of a team that finished bottom about 5 years on bounce.........being saved by the rfl.........whilst other teams above them were relegated........come on leigh...........put the midgets where they belong.........
07-16-2016, 09:47 AM
Can't wait for next season where sky sports commentary team bang on how good leeds are this season (2017) compared to last season (2016) in every bustard televised game they are on.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
07-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Can't see leeds struggling like this again sinkers.........been good whilst it's lasted though. .. ......
07-16-2016, 09:57 AM
Leeds v wigan
(07-16-2016 09:31 AM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  
(07-16-2016 08:35 AM)jools Wrote:  Don't be mean MOT - poor Trin hasn't had anything to be happy about for over 15 years. This year they have beaten all the top sides. There was once they finished 5th you know!!!
Let him celebrate his team being in 8th place. Even though Leeds and Giants have been shit this year they have to be so grateful that salfords owner messed up in previous years.

Hahaha...........spoken by the fan of a team that finished bottom about 5 years on bounce.........being saved by the rfl.........whilst other teams above them were relegated........come on leigh...........put the midgets where they belong.........

Teams above them were relegated- erm nope- cause that would have been you! You call me bitter. Lol.

I've no worries at all Trin, we will finally have got some prop forwards back for the middle eights - meanwhile our two youngsters who have been thrown in at the deep end and had to play every week have got plenty of first team experience ready for next season when they will be more prepared fitness and size wise.
07-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Who are these props that have been missing all season???..........you called huby a massive disappointment..........who else you been missing???..........you seem very confident in escaping the drop...........i can only assume you haven't watched many of your games..........usually too busy on here...........at least your not as bad as the worse team ever in SL.......... 1998 i think........
07-16-2016, 10:31 AM
I was pleased that even though we have been shite this season we are still getting good crowds through the gates.we still had 15k + against catalans who brought about 17 fans.

Where is Clem Fandango ?
07-16-2016, 10:34 AM
That's cos all the season ticket holders are tight as fuck captain...........
07-16-2016, 10:35 AM
(07-16-2016 08:41 AM)Rhino1984 Wrote:  
(07-16-2016 07:25 AM)captain tripps Wrote:  Well i believe in the old adage that the table doesnt lie,leeds have had problems but at the end of the day for 80% of this season the players on the pitch just havent played well enough so thats why we are where we find ourselves at the moment.
Can't agree more. Yes losing players will affect performance and shorelines but Leeds lacked heart in many of their games. Even when we had our biggest injury list we were still putting a good side out that should have been competing a lot better than they were.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Spot on, Cas are a perfect example of how you can persevere despite a lot of injuries, they've got results

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)