Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Wire v pies
09-17-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Wire v pies
I thought it was reckless and he can't have any complaints but I still think it was harsh. Loads of players go in recklessly on the last. He was leading with the forearm and made contact but not strong contact. I remember Higham giving Sinfield a flying headbutt on the last tackle in a grand final and nobody even batted an eyelid.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2016, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2016 07:00 AM by fuzzy.)
I think it was a sending off, may not have had intent with the arm but he is responsible for where his arm is. We have to protect players, it's hard enough as it is

Wolves will and should be kicking theirselves, from that position they should be able to see out the game, Wigan are tought and don't stop, wolves will know that but could control the game

How horrible has Tomkins become? What's his problem, wants to push and annoy everyone, is that a sign at his frustration of not being as good as he was?

(09-16-2016 09:44 PM)Rhino1984
[hr' Wrote:  
Good game. Looked like a no try to me. I hate Wigan but thought the sending off was a bit harsh. I thought the Tautai hand in the face was more blatant and something I'd like to see stamped out.

Hand in the face is a cheap shot, should only be used for a genuine fend
09-17-2016, 07:11 AM
Wire v pies
Tomkins should be nowhere near the England squad.
09-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Tomkin's took his try well but his defensive efforts were awful. A couple of times he just flung himself to floor when high kicks were coming his way and he was nowhere to be seen on goal line defence for a couple of the Warrington tries.
To give him some credit though he was good with ball in hand and a threat to the Warrington line.

Did anyone else think the ref was a bit inconsistent? I wouldn't say he favoured either team but he just seemed to blow up when he felt like it.

09-17-2016, 08:22 AM
(09-17-2016 06:46 AM)Rhino1984 Wrote:  I thought it was reckless and he can't have any complaints but I still think it was harsh. Loads of players go in recklessly on the last. He was leading with the forearm and made contact but not strong contact. I remember Higham giving Sinfield a flying headbutt on the last tackle in a grand final and nobody even batted an eyelid.

I've changed my mind after seeing the replay. Patton kicks it and is several inches off the ground when Flower hits him and yet he's still taken high. Flower leapt into the air so he can hardly have a defence for leading with the forearm. No way was he going to connect with anything other than his head.
09-17-2016, 08:35 AM
exactly... good u see sense this morning.
09-17-2016, 08:57 AM
It was red but not that vicious imo, he'll probably get a game or 2 for it.

Wire threw it away really, got in position & froze, that being said the Wigan try was with a hand in touch & wire became a bit desparate.

Tomkins keeps getting given these little defensive missions & doing ok, he's usually given solomona against us, he was given Clark last night but that detracts him from doing a job in the rest of his game. If Shaul doesn't get the nod summats up!

Really decent game.
09-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Wire bottling it..... There's a change....

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
09-17-2016, 09:03 AM
(09-17-2016 08:57 AM)whotobeA Wrote:  It was red but not that vicious imo, he'll probably get a game or 2 for it.

Wire threw it away really, got in position & froze, that being said the Wigan try was with a hand in touch & wire became a bit desparate.

Tomkins keeps getting given these little defensive missions & doing ok, he's usually given solomona against us, he was given Clark last night but that detracts him from doing a job in the rest of his game. If Shaul doesn't get the nod summats up!

Really decent game.

Agree completely

How ratboy got that pen for flapping in the air near Evans I don't know. If he plays for England we'll be peppered with high bombs, it's like he doesn't even practice them, still goes all jelly legged.
09-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Great game really enjoyed it credit to the goons 28-14 down and down to 12 men great effort from them and Wire look like the bottlers this season.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)