Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cas v Widnes
09-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Cas v Widnes
We really needs the goons to do us a favour against Catalan this week allowing us hopefully to beat Widnes and finish 5th, which I think is a great achievement for us this year with all the adversity the team has suffered.

Luke Dorn will be captaining the side on his final appearance, fitting too as we are at home. Hopefully we will have a strong performance and send him out on a high!

I'm sure although Widnes have "nothing to play for" they will put in a performance but as they can only finish 7th I hope they don't spoil our party!

Both teams are missing players, but I think we have enough to win this comfortably towards the end
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2016, 02:09 PM
RE: Cas v Widnes
Daryl Powell has named his 19 man squad to take on Widnes Vikings here at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle.
The final game of the 2016 season will take place on Sunday 25 September. KO 3.30pm.

Powell makes just one change to the squad who claimed victory over Catalans last weekend, with Rangi Chase replacing Larne Patrick. Patrick has been in need of surgery for quite a while, and yesterday he had an ankle operation and next week he’ll have a wrist operation to get him back in training for pre season.

The game will be the last time Tigers fans will get to see Luke Dorn play as he heads home for retirement after this season, and Powell has handed him the captaincy for his final game.

Speaking ahead of the game Dorn said: “I’m not sure how I’ll handle Sunday, I was hoping I wouldn’t cry before the game but when I see my girls, that will be the hardest part for me. That last walk out will be hard to get through and then the game will take over and I’ll be okay for a little bit and then it will happen all again at the end,"

Dorn added: "I’m most excited that I get to play my last game at home in front of our fans. The people of Castleford are incredible, it makes me feel good that I’ve had an impact on them and they’ve certainly had an impact on me. It’s going to be sad to say goodbye but I am just glad I get to do it in front of them. In my life they have helped me shape the person I have become and I’m looking forward to us all celebrating that last moment together on Sunday.”

Castleford Tigers 19 man squad v Widnes Vikings – 25.09.16

35. Rangi Chase
16. Matt Cook
19. Ben Crooks
37. Brandon Douglas
1. Luke Dorn
31. Conor Fitzsimmons
34. Paddy Flynn
7. Luke Gale
18. Ryan Hampshire
11. Oliver Holmes
23. Will Maher
12. Mike McMeeken
15. Paul McShane
9. Adam Milner
24. Greg Minikin
36. Andre Savelio
5. Denny Solomona
22. Gadwin Springer
3. Jake Webster
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)