Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
England 4 nations squad...
10-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Sam Burgess has been named in the 24-man England squad for the Four Nations tournament, which starts this month.

It is the first time the 27-year-old has been picked by England since he returned from rugby union last year.

New coach Wayne Bennett has chosen four uncapped players: Hull's Scott Taylor, Castleford's Luke Gale and St Helens duo Jonny Lomax and Mark Percival.

Wigan's Sean O'Loughlin, captain for last year's series against New Zealand, has been left out because of injury.

England have never won the Four Nations, which this year also includes Australia, New Zealand and Scotland, but have reached two of the four finals.

They play a one-off match against France in Avignon on 22 October before Four Nations matches against New Zealand in Huddersfield on 29 October, Scotland in Coventry on 5 November and Australia at the Olympic Stadium on 13 November.

Full squad: John Bateman (Wigan Warriors); Kevin Brown (Widnes Vikings); George Burgess; Sam Burgess; Thomas Burgess (all South Sydney Rabbitohs); Daryl Clark (Warrington Wolves); Mike Cooper (Warrington Wolves/St George-Illwarra Dragons); Liam Farrell (Wigan Warriors); Brett Ferres (Leeds Rhinos); Luke Gale (Castleford Tigers); James Graham (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs); Ryan Hall (Leeds Rhinos); Chris Hill (Warrington Wolves); Josh Hodgson (Canberra Raiders); Jonny Lomax (St Helens); Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield Giants); Mark Percival (St Helens); Stefan Ratchford (Warrington Wolves); Dan Sarginson (Wigan Warriors/Gold Coast Titans); Scott Taylor (Hull FC); Kallum Watkins (Leeds Rhinos); Elliott Whitehead (Canberra Raiders); Gareth Widdop (St George Illawarra Dragons); George Williams (Wigan Warriors).

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2016, 11:25 AM
RE: England 4 nations squad...
the jocks will ravage u with that squad.... assuming we can be arsed.
10-10-2016, 11:55 AM
Can't believe cudjoe isn't in there. He's played well in a bad side. Watkins has mostly played badly in a bad side
10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
(10-10-2016 11:55 AM)jools Wrote:  Can't believe cudjoe isn't in there. He's played well in a bad side. Watkins has mostly played badly in a bad side

His form has been a lot better at the back end of the season.

Problem is we don't have any better options than Watkins (cudjoe included)
10-10-2016, 12:33 PM
To be honest I wouldn't have picked any of the players that were involved in the qualifiers but not sure who else there is if we don't pick a few.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
10-10-2016, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 12:40 PM by MOT.)
(10-10-2016 12:33 PM)Rhino1984 Wrote:  To be honest I wouldn't have picked any of the players that were involved in the qualifiers but not sure who else there is if we don't pick a few.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

You could go for Ratchford and Sarge in the centres but Ratchford hasn't played there much

I look at the likes of Mansour and what we have doesn't come close. I'm just glad Tedesco isn't up against us
10-10-2016, 12:45 PM
im watching the NRL Gf now and u better hope they are tired of tacklin cos its gonna be punishing otherwise
10-10-2016, 12:50 PM
(10-10-2016 12:45 PM)Cheese Wrote:  im watching the NRL Gf now and u better hope they are tired of tacklin cos its gonna be punishing otherwise

Smith did over 70 tackles didn't he!?
10-10-2016, 01:00 PM
no idea...he looked fucked at half time even. toughest game i seen for a while.... not a patch on the HKR salford game mind.
10-10-2016, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 01:22 PM by MOT.)
I think Cronulla deliberately targeted him. Along with closing down cronk and I'm amazed that Storm actually had a chance to win

Yep, 73 tackles for Smith

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)