Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Castleford 2017
11-07-2016, 03:42 PM
RE: Castleford 2017
Hardaker is a Cas player. Personally think he is a great signing but a lot of Cas fans worried how his off field behaviors will effect the club, you don't want another rangi chase, oh wait you have them both now hahaha!!! Good luck with that... One things for sure Cas were better off without Chase and so are Salford.

Salford For the Top 8 Easyyyyyy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Wasn't Powell in charge of Fev when Hardaker was there?
I'm not sure how things will work out for Cas and Hardaker. Potentially some great players there but also potentially a car crash waiting to happen.

Hopefully Hardaker will give his all and be a true professional but I can't imagine this is how he wanted things to turn out this time last year. He wanted to be competing with Tomkins for the England number 1 shirt. Tomkins wasn't fit and Hardaker was nowhere near it. He wanted to add accolades such as harry Sunderland trophy, can't see that ever happening at Cas, no offence.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
11-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Zak Hardaker has agreed a deal in principle to join Castleford Tigers, TotalRL understands.

The transfer saga surrounding the England international is set to come to a conclusion after the club struck a deal with Leeds Rhinos for his signature and agreed personal terms with the player.

An announcement is expected imminently.

One obstacle that was thought to be blocking Hardaker’s move to Castleford was the future of Denny Solomona, who is still expected to leave despite their adamancy that he is not for sale.

Castleford’s CEO Steve Gill confirmed in an interview last month that Solomona was expected back in training today, however, there have been suggestions that the Samoan international would not report back to the club when their pre-season schedule started today.

On Sunday evening, Castleford’s official twitter account tweeted to confirm that players who had featured in international games following the Super League season were expected back in training later than other members of the squad, although it remains unclear whether Solomona was given the same treatment.

With Castleford and Hardaker coming to terms on a deal that will see Hardaker join Cas, it would suggest that Solomona’s future lies elsewhere.

Castleford earlier today confirmed the departure of centre Ben Crooks on a one-year loan deal to Leigh Centurions, further paving the way for Hardaker’s imminent arrival.

Huddersfield and Salford were also in the running to sign the 24-year-old, but Hardaker’s preferred destination was always thought to be the tigers.
11-07-2016, 05:20 PM
So Eden potentially at FB and Hardaker in the centre's? Or Hardaker at FB and Eden on the wing?
11-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Hardaker was one of the best fb's in the game in his mos yr. if he can get his form back & stop being a wobble head then we've one of the best off season signings in sl. A few things in our favour are that if he can't get his form then we have Eden & Roberts, if he can't give his head a shake then it could be last chance saloon for him with clubs reluctant to take a punt on a cereal head the ball.

I think we'll start with Eden at 1 with hardaker last sub until he proves himself, when/if he does I can see Eden getting shuffled to wing with hardaker permenant fb. Shenny & Webster will hold 3 & 4. Really not sure where all this leaves Roberts & Hitchcox?
11-08-2016, 07:52 AM
In today's @TheRugbyPaper, @neilfissler says @DennySolomona's arrival at @SaleSharksRugby is "imminent". Yes please!!!!!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
11-08-2016, 08:14 AM
(11-08-2016 07:52 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  In today's @TheRugbyPaper, @neilfissler says @DennySolomona's arrival at @SaleSharksRugby is "imminent". Yes please!!!!!

If that is true, why would our CEO come out and say he's not going anywhere?? However, that story has been removed from our website...
11-08-2016, 08:29 AM
(11-08-2016 08:14 AM)camdentiger Wrote:  
(11-08-2016 07:52 AM)chesterhino Wrote:  In today's @TheRugbyPaper, @neilfissler says @DennySolomona's arrival at @SaleSharksRugby is "imminent". Yes please!!!!!

If that is true, why would our CEO come out and say he's not going anywhere?? However, that story has been removed from our website...

I wouldn't trust what any CEO says in the press.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
11-08-2016, 09:56 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2016 09:57 AM by MOT.)

Didn't he phrase it carefully, along the lines of they'd refused offers rather than weren't going to sell him?

Stadium to pay for and would explain the hardaker signing
11-08-2016, 10:01 AM
(11-08-2016 09:56 AM)MOT Wrote:  

Didn't he phrase it carefully, along the lines of they'd refused offers rather than weren't going to sell him?

Stadium to pay for and would explain the hardaker signing

He said refused offers, but also said he wasn't for sale.

Stadium is paid for, so this won't affect it

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)