Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Castleford 2017
10-20-2016, 04:01 PM
Castleford 2017
Squad made.

Declan Sheehan (Winger) & Luke Million (Hooker) have both made the step from the Tigers U19s team to join the first team full time environment.

Tigers head of youth Pete Riding said: “I am delighted that both Declan & Luke have been given this opportunity to train alongside their first team peers, both have great attitudes and have all the right skills to do well in the game. I look forward to watching them continue to develop in our full time environment."

Today's announcement of the signing of Jesse Sene-Lefao completes our squad and we will be heading into the 2017 season with a squad of 34 players.

Castleford Tigers 2017 squad

Adam Milner
Andy Lynch
Ash Robson
Ben Crooks
Ben Roberts
Brandon Douglas
Brandon Westerman
Conor Fitzsimmons
Daniel Igbinedion
Dec Sheehan
Denny Solomona
Gadwin Springer
Grant Millington
Greg Eden
Greg Minikin
Jake Webster
Jesse Sene Lefao
Joel Monaghan
Junior Moors
Jy Hitchcox
Kieron Gill
Larne Patrick
Luke Gale
Luke Million
Matt Cook
Michael Shenton
Mike McMeeken
Nathan Massey
Oliver Holmes
Paul McShane
Rangi Chase
Tom Holmes
Toyuo Egodo
Will Maher
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-20-2016, 04:14 PM
RE: Castleford 2017
So, looks like we aren't going after Hardaker anymore, which is good IMO

Squad looks good, in fact best we've had for years. Great strength in depth and there will be real competition for places. If we can stay relatively injury free I'd like to think we are top 4 material and we should be able to have a great cup run.

Interesting to see we've not taken the option on Flynn, as he's out of favour at Widnes I wonder where he'll end up?
10-20-2016, 04:29 PM
The story goes that we were really close to losing solomona for a very decent fee to sale, with the coin we were gonna bring in hardaker, makes sense I suppose.

I think with monahan, hitchox, solomona and minikin all picked before Flynn his card was marked. Also looks like we've not continued with Hampshire as we now have Roberts & Eden for fb.

It's probably the biggest, early made squad I've seen us have, gives Danny Orr & dp plenty of time to work their ideas & put them in motion.
10-20-2016, 04:48 PM
I still wouldn't rule out hardaker but if I were them I'd stay clear, he and chase together in a team is asking for trouble. It's a strong squad.

Never thought I'd see the day that cas would have a stronger squad than leeds

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
10-21-2016, 07:09 AM
(10-20-2016 04:29 PM)whotobeA Wrote:  The story goes that we were really close to losing solomona for a very decent fee to sale, with the coin we were gonna bring in hardaker, makes sense I suppose.

I think with monahan, hitchox, solomona and minikin all picked before Flynn his card was marked. Also looks like we've not continued with Hampshire as we now have Roberts & Eden for fb.

It's probably the biggest, early made squad I've seen us have, gives Danny Orr & dp plenty of time to work their ideas & put them in motion.

I thought Solomona had already done a deal with Gloucester for 2018, we are getting a fee and they is doubling his wages.
10-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Castleford Tigers chairman Steve Gill has denied the club have sold winger Denny Solomona.

The 22-year-old Samoan scored 42 tries in 2016, a Super League record, and has been linked with a move to rugby union side Sale Sharks.

"We have rebuffed three approaches for Denny, two from rugby union and one from rugby league. He is not for sale," Gill told BBC Radio Leeds.

"We haven't sold him and we're not loaning him back like I've heard from some rumours.
---
First time in a while we've managed to hold on to the talent.
10-25-2016, 02:12 PM
That's awesome news!!
10-25-2016, 03:08 PM
fair play.
10-25-2016, 04:02 PM
A lot more money in union...... and a long time until February......

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
10-25-2016, 04:16 PM
(10-25-2016 04:02 PM)chesterhino Wrote:  A lot more money in union...... and a long time until February......

Financially we are a lot stronger now, so to be able to resist is fantastic and the first time in many years we have been able to do this.

Unless a huge money offer was given, I think Cas will make him see out his contract and/or offer him an improved one

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)