11-03-2016, 12:32 PM
RE: Is this the last 4 nations?
I would love a return to Tours - but needs to be GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Some valid points raised.

Tours would be good, doesn't need to be GB IMO. Teams touring over here can play Wales, Ireland, Scotland and some clubs even before 3-5 games v England.

Last year against the Kiwis was more interesting than the 4 nations IMO
11-03-2016, 01:14 PM
guys a twat....the best outcome would obviously be a Jocktastics win.
11-04-2016, 10:21 AM
(11-03-2016 12:32 PM)camdentiger Wrote:  I would love a return to Tours - but needs to be GB

Why?
11-04-2016, 01:57 PM
(11-04-2016 10:21 AM)Sycophant Wrote:  
(11-03-2016 12:32 PM)camdentiger Wrote:  I would love a return to Tours - but needs to be GB

Why?

Better exposure for the game IMO.

When we tour Australia & New Zealand, we can go as GB, but take a second string to play Fiji/PNG/Samoa for mid-week games and then GB play the tests. When Aus/NZ tour here, they can play GB for the full tests, but play a second string mid-week against Scotland, Wales, Ireland, France (similar to a lions RU tour)

This will give more international games to the calendar and allow more players to have a taste of international - the smaller nations also get valuable game time against the big boys to improve but also encourage players to sign up to RL when younger as it will show there are big international games they can play in
11-04-2016, 02:07 PM
I like the idea but I fear people want GB back because they think all home nations will be represented, but apart from 1, 2 at a push it will be England's side.
11-04-2016, 03:14 PM
(11-04-2016 02:07 PM)Sycophant Wrote:  I like the idea but I fear people want GB back because they think all home nations will be represented, but apart from 1, 2 at a push it will be England's side.

Wasn't it always like that?

Plus, if we bring back GB it gives us an option to pick from all of the best players top beat the Aussie's and Kiwi's
11-04-2016, 05:11 PM
No, it isn't.

Defeats the object of the whole 'fourth nation' gimmick that they introduced so that France, Samoa, et al can play a bit of (albeit ostensible) catch-up. To go against it renders the last six years a waste of time (officially, at least).

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
11-04-2016, 05:56 PM
plus the jocks are up and coming./....u wanna scrap it now we are arriving?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)