Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints v Cas
01-29-2017, 08:26 PM
Saints v Cas
Well apparently we where piss poor and Cas could have won by more I know it's a friendly and shouldn't read too much into it but with KC in charge of us we are going nowhere except backwards.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2017, 09:24 PM
RE: Saints v Cas
Don't fear billie, you've got an easy first game!

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
01-29-2017, 09:49 PM
Only a friendly mate. We've got plenty of time to get worse Smile

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
01-29-2017, 10:57 PM
I think we took this semi serious tbf. Run the plays wi more or less the first 17. It will be different when the season starts in furious anger!
01-30-2017, 08:15 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 08:17 AM by camdentiger.)
Only a friendly, but this is still our first win over Saints in many years. As whoto says, it will be diffferent once the furious action starts but I'm confident this year we will be in the mix

Castleford Tigers supplied a dominant defensive effort as they toppled St Helens 22-6 at the Totally Wicked Stadium.
The Tigers were fluid in attack as they scored four tries while rarely allowing St Helens with any clear attacking chances.
Castleford started brightly as Rangi Chase opened the scoring just two minutes into the game. The Saints failed to deal with a high kick from Luke Gale as the Tigers recovered the ball. The play was then spread wide and Chase managed to cross. Gale then kicked the conversion to give Castleford a 6-0 lead.
Castleford coach, Daryl Powell has mentioned over the pre-season that his side have been forcing on tightening up their defence and it certainly showed in the first half as the Tigers limited St Helens in their go forward and forced them to attempt to attack from deep.
The Tigers had to wait until there was just 15 minutes left in the half before they scored again, this time through Zak Hardaker. St Helens gave away a penalty and from the tap restart Castleford passed the ball out wide and Hardaker pierced through the Saints defence to touch down. Gale hit the post with his conversion leaving the Tigers 10-0 at the break.
In the second half, the Tigers again scored early. Chase’s kick forced a goal line drop out and Castleford were able to take advantage of the repeat set. Gale passed wide to Jesse Sene-Lefao and the big Samoan was able to hold off a attempted St Helens tackle to score.
Castleford were over the try line once again thanks to some more ill discipline from the Saints. This time Chase was held down close to the try line and from the tap, Grant Millington carried three St Helens defenders over the try line. Gale once more added the extras to give Castleford a 22-0 lead.
With just five minutes left in the game, St Helens scored their first points of the game. Danny Richardson looked for a long 40/20 and looked to have pulled it off only for Greg Eden to acrobatically keep the ball in play. The only issue for the Tigers player was that the first man to the ball was Adam Swift who scooped the ball and scored under the posts. Mark Percival kicked the conversion to leave the score at 22-6 in favour of the Tigers.

Castleford Tigers: Hardaker, Minikin, Webster, Shenton, Eden, Chase, Gale, Lynch, McShane, Springer, Sene-Lefao, McMeeken, Massey

Tigers subs: Millington, Million, Moors, Cook, Monaghan, Gill

Tigers Try Scorers.: Chase, Hardaker, Sene-Lefao, Millington
Tigers Conversions: Gale(3/4)

St Helens: Lomax, Makinson, Fleming, Percival, Swift, Richardson, Fages, Douglas, Roby, Walmsley, Greenwood, Peyroux, Wilkin

St Helens Subs: Amor, Walker, Thompson, Lee, Knowles, Ashworth, Grace, Cunningham

St Helens Try Scorers: Swift

St Helens Conversions: Percival (1/1)
01-30-2017, 10:10 AM
Just about same cas squad that lost to wakey week before ....... ...didn't see the same coverage from our pretend cas fan.......wonder why.......
01-30-2017, 10:37 AM
(01-30-2017 10:10 AM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  Just about same cas squad that lost to wakey week before ....... ...didn't see the same coverage from our pretend cas fan.......wonder why.......

The first half we were well ahead, then DP brought on all the kids at half time and we lost to you by 2 points. That game was still early in pre-season, this was our last hit out before we start and has more relevance. If you also check, I didn't give the match report for our first pre-season game against Hull FC where we put 40 points on them....

Wakey seem to be an improved outfit this year and games between us are normally close. But come the end of the year, I'm sure we'll be fighting it out for a top 4 finish and you will be scraping to stay in the top 8
01-30-2017, 12:17 PM
Oh......you put the kids on.......and we played our best 13 all game...........I don't give a fuck where you are gonna finish.........you'll still be little old inbred cas...........and you'll still be pretending your a lifelong fan........that has never been to a game...........
01-30-2017, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2017 12:50 PM by camdentiger.)
Here you go Trin - the match report from the Wakey vs Cas game:

Castleford Tigers continued their preparations ahead of the 2017 Betfred Super League season with a narrow 32-30 defeat against local rivals Wakefield Trinity at Belle Vue.
Despite the loss, there were plenty of positives for a Tigers side littered with youngsters, including a first half display that saw Castleford up by 20 points.

The Tigers were largely dominant in that first period, racking up four tries and containing the hosts to just one. The first came after just three minutes when Luke Gale, in his first appearance in a Tigers jersey since representing England in the Four Nations, went over to the left of the Wakefield posts. Castleford’s captain for the day slotted over his own extras and was immaculate with the boot all afternoon.

The visitors were forced to weather a storm from the Wakefield attack after going six points to the good, but the Tigers’ defence were more than a match. 19-year-old Tuoyo Egodo was particularly impressive on the left flank.
Instead, it was the Tigers who took the initiative in attack, scoring two quick tries in succession through Greg Minkin and Paul McShane.
Wakefield attempted to hit back through winger Tom Johnstone after half an hour, but his acrobatic effort was ruled out by the defensive efforts of Greg Eden and Jake Webster in the far corner.

Castleford’s first half scoring was completed by Greg Eden. Continuing his fine form from the Boxing Day clash, where he snagged a hat trick, Eden scooped up a loose ball in spectacular fashion and treated the travelling support to a trademark swan dive over the try line.

Reece Lyne went over on the half-time hooter to make the score, at the break, 24-4 in the Tigers’ favour.

Just like the first, the second half began with a quick Castleford score. This time, it was youngster Luke Million who came up with the four-pointer. An outrageous dummy from acting half gave Million an easy route over the Trinity line.
From there, it was all hands on deck for the Tigers. Facing an almost full-strength Wakefield outfit, the visitors were forced to go into survival mode for the remainder of the game, with the majority of the starting line-up now sat on the bench enjoying a well-deserved breather after their first half display.

Tries for Sam Williams, Bill Tupou, James Batchelor, former Tiger Joe Arundel and Tom Johnstone meant Trinity clawed back the deficit against the younger-looking Castleford outfit, creating a one-score game going into the final ten minutes.
Despite the best efforts of the Tigers, Wakefield’s experience shone through at the death and Anthony Walker’s late try granted Trinity with their first lead of the game, which they held on to until the final hooter.

Castleford are now halfway through their pre-season campaign, with away fixtures against Batley Bulldogs and St Helens to come before the Tigers’ 2017 Super League campaign begins for real against Leigh Centurions.

FT - Castleford Tigers 30-32 Wakefield Trinity

Castleford Tigers

Eden, Monaghan, Webster, Egodo, Minikin, Roberts, Gale, Lynch, McShane, Springer, Moors, Cook, Sene-Lefao

Interchange - Douglas, Chase, Fitzsimmons, Holmes, Igbinedion, Johnson, Million, Sheehan, Maher, Turner

T – Gale, Minikin, McShane, Eden, Million

C – Gale (4/4), Eden (1/1)

Wakefield Trinity

Grix, Caton-Brown, Tupou, Lyne, Johnstone, Miller, Williams, Huby, Sio, Allgood, Ashurst, Kirmond, Arona

Interchange - Jones-Bishop, Finn, Wood, Arundel, Walker, Batchelor, Crowther, Hirst

T – Lyne, Williams, Tupou, Batchelor, Arundel, Johnstone, Walker

C – Williams (2/6), Huby (0/1)

I've never pretended to be a life long fan. I was introduced to the game in 193 when I was 13 and chose to support Cas when the rest of my family were massive Northern/Bulls supporters.
I've been to watch Cas home and away as much as possible over the years, but it's difficult when you've always lived in the South - not that I need to justify myself to you Trin.
01-30-2017, 02:38 PM
(01-30-2017 12:17 PM)Trinity_13 Wrote:  Oh......you put the kids on.......and we played our best 13 all game...........I don't give a fuck where you are gonna finish.........you'll still be little old inbred cas...........and you'll still be pretending your a lifelong fan........that has never been to a game...........

everything ok babe?

quite an angry man.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)