Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Warrington dual register evan with leigh
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
RE: Warrington dual register evan with leigh
(04-27-2011 02:16 PM)george hotel1895 Wrote:  
(04-20-2011 02:22 PM)Rhinojase Wrote:  Warrington have let one of the most promising young players of super league Rhys Evans go out on a dual registration which imo opinion is daft and have also loaned out Lee mitchell to harlequins for a month

Seems strange to me as well, but trust in Tony Smith is all i can think of. he must think that both players will benefit from the loan moves.

He's obviously making way for Atkins and King but I think Rhys has done enough to qualify as a first teamer. Can't see how playing at a lower level is going to improve his game!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2011, 03:18 PM
(04-27-2011 02:44 PM)Mary Hinge Wrote:  
(04-27-2011 02:16 PM)george hotel1895 Wrote:  
(04-20-2011 02:22 PM)Rhinojase Wrote:  Warrington have let one of the most promising young players of super league Rhys Evans go out on a dual registration which imo opinion is daft and have also loaned out Lee mitchell to harlequins for a month

Seems strange to me as well, but trust in Tony Smith is all i can think of. he must think that both players will benefit from the loan moves.

He's obviously making way for Atkins and King but I think Rhys has done enough to qualify as a first teamer. Can't see how playing at a lower level is going to improve his game!

Perhaps he's thinking that more game time will be more beneficial to him at this stage of his career, but i'm just guessing on that one.
04-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't think Tony Smith is any different to a lot of coaches who don't know how to handle their younger players. Look at how he cut Myler out of the CCF team. By all accounts, the lad was on the phone in tears to his parents. Noble was worse. Hardly spoke to the young uns. Shaun Ainscough scored 4 tries in one match and was Water Carrier the following week. Millward was exactly the same!
05-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I think both Evans boys have now elected to play for England. There's an interview with them on the Wire website, and I think that's where I heard it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)