Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wire lol at the salary cap
07-26-2011, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2011 06:41 PM by CPWigan.)
Wire lol at the salary cap
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_le...296075.stm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2011, 05:38 PM
RE: Wire lol at the salary cap
Dunno why but your link doesn't work for me.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_le...296075.stm

I'm too cool to have a signature.
07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Another youngster poached from another club yet their youth development given grade a
07-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Original link didn't work here either.

TBF I can hardly see him being one of the top paid players, and with no idea about the comings and going of there players it is hard to judge. However, as a wire fan recently said to me they must have so very well paid WAGs working as cleaners Wink

Re Jools point - if he wanted to leave why shouldn't Warrington sign him? No club is in a position yet to be 'self sufficient' with regards to home grown players, for a long time yet there will be the need to sign players from elsewhere. Even clubs like Saints and Wigan who are well and truly pushing there players into the first team there is still a need to find players from elsewhere.
07-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Not bitter we have some work to do but why is your license or hulls deemed higher than saints?
07-26-2011, 06:05 PM
(07-26-2011 06:03 PM)jools Wrote:  Not bitter we have some work to do but why is your license or hulls deemed higher than saints?

Our finances aren't in the best of condition so I would guess that was why. Hopefully the stability of the new ground will help with that!
07-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Ratchford will be on a very good salary. Salford were prepared to pay him big money.

I actually don't agree with the salary cap personally because 1) it limits clubs but 2) clubs simply cheat and if/when discovered then it creates an almighty mess. For example, Wire being stripped of 2 CC victories. Wire just stick 2 fingers up to the RFL as far as the salary cap is concerned.
07-26-2011, 06:49 PM
its a bit rich CPW posting about any club cheating the cap when you think of Wigans disgraceful record......but it has to be said that looking at the Wire's playing rosta that there's no way they can be under the cap
07-26-2011, 07:02 PM
(07-26-2011 05:38 PM)Farmduck Wrote:  Dunno why but your link doesn't work for me.

Page last updated at 14:56 GMT, Tuesday, 26 July 2011 15:56 UK

⁠E-mail this to a friend

⁠Printable version

Salford Reds confirm Stefan Ratchford's Warrington move

Salford City Reds' head coach Matt Parish has confirmed that Stefan Ratchford will leave the club to join Super League rivals Warrington Wolves.

The 22-year-old contract expires at the end of the season and the stand-off rejected a new contract at the Willows.

Ratchford has scored 11 tries in 21 Super League appearances this season

A product of the club's youth system Ratchford made his debut in 2007 and has gone onto make 103 appearances.

"He's made his decision and we've moved on already, the club can do no more," Parish told BBC Radio Manchester.

After seeing Richie Myler also make the move to the Halliwell Jones from Salford, Parish is determined to keep hold on any future stars.

"From or perspective we don't intend to let this ever happen ever again," he added.

"Warrington have came down last year and took a player [Richie Myler] off us and they've done it again this year.

"Personally I don't think that is right but again it's up to he kid to make a decision, he made it, so good luck to him."
07-26-2011, 07:20 PM
(07-26-2011 06:44 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Ratchford will be on a very good salary. Salford were prepared to pay him big money.

I actually don't agree with the salary cap personally because 1) it limits clubs but 2) clubs simply cheat and if/when discovered then it creates an almighty mess. For example, Wire being stripped of 2 CC victories. Wire just stick 2 fingers up to the RFL as far as the salary cap is concerned.

Ahh CP the communist cap as a few Wigan friends of mine call it.

I can understand people's frustration at the cap but it is absolutely necessary to keep the game from imploding especially in the current financial situation.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)