Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Justin Morgan confirmed leaving end of season
08-04-2011, 03:09 PM
RE: Justin Morgan confirmed leaving end of season
(08-04-2011 02:36 PM)Red Revolution Wrote:  
(08-04-2011 09:41 AM)HKR AWAY DAYS Wrote:  Noble and Kear are no-goes. We'll be looking at a young Aussie coach I reckon.

All the best to JM in the future. I'd like to re-iterate what Red Rev has said - always an east Hull legend.

I can't see that Dobbo would have signed a new deal without knowing who the coach was. Probably as you say mate. I'd be surprised if it was someone we've heard of.

Perhaps when he signed he didnt know jm was leaving.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2011, 03:10 PM
that would be surprising.

me mam knew and she doesnt follow rugby league even.
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2011 03:23 PM by Farmduck.)
I think Canterbury are just following the new trend. Wigan officials came out to OZ and interviewed half a dozen candidates before they picked Maguire. They also gave Maguire free rein to pick his physio/conditioner and support staff. I think this is why some clubs now look at every application instead of just picking the most famous name off the top. They want to see what sort of coaching team the applicant is going to put together and how much the whole package will cost.

Also in NRL, there's no stigma in being an Assistant Coach, like in SL where it seems to mean "coach's alcoholic brother-in-law" or "Club owner's unemployable son-in-law." Someone like Shaun Wane would never be dismissed as "just an assistant."

Rugby League Universe
08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
We are putting together a few bits and bobs as a tribute to JM and would like to see if anyone wants to add to it. If you'd like to publish your thoughts and thanks to 'Morgs', please email me at: editor@hkrawaydays.co.uk and with your article, and a picture of yourself if you wish, and we'll put it on for you. Cheers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
heard a very interesting rumour today....

that being that Leeds are tapping up Morgan, with Macca to go but only after season is finished
08-05-2011, 12:19 PM
What about the No 2 Peter Gentle?
08-05-2011, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 02:44 PM by The Man With No Name.)
Everyone on the unofficial forums are saying 'ohhh yeah, that Gentle fella, an Aussie no doubt, must be good then. I'd take him'.

I can honestly say I know next to nothnig about him. I bet I'm not the only one either.
(08-04-2011 04:23 PM)LambertandWebbler Wrote:  heard a very interesting rumour today....

that being that Leeds are tapping up Morgan, with Macca to go but only after season is finished

We're taking your Ali Lauawhatshisface. You heard it here first.
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2011 02:48 PM by CPWigan.)
Australia assistant coach Peter Gentle has thrown his hat into the ring to take over as coach at Hull Kingston Rovers next season.

The Robins confirmed this week that Justin Morgan would be leaving the club at the end of the current campaign, after a successful six-year spell in charge.

Gentle, 42, is currently number two to Tim Sheens at both Wests Tigers and for the Australian nayional side. Although not well-known in this country, his pedigree is high-quality and he was reportedly a contender for the job at Salford City Reds.

“Peter is a quality coach and he definitely wants to coach in Super League,” Gentle’s agent, David Howes, told the Hull Daily Mail.

“Peter has done the hard yards to get to being assistant to Tim for Australia and Wests Tigers.

“He has served his six-year apprenticeship in the NRL, just like Michael Maguire and Stephen Kearney.

“Compared to the other coaches who have been mentioned so far, Peter’s CV is much better.

“At the minute coaches are all applying for the same jobs.”

Gentle was a half-back in his playing days for Western Suburbs in 1986 and for St George Dragons from 1987 to 1989. His coaching career began at Cronulla Sharks in 2004, before he joined Balmain Tigers in 2006.

He was named as the Kangaroos’ assistant coach in 2009, and helped guide them to Four Nations success in England.

http://www.code13rugbyleague.com/2011/08...t-hull-kr/
N.B Many of the comments are from his agent
08-05-2011, 02:55 PM
need farmos input on him, hes a tigers fan.
08-05-2011, 03:06 PM
(08-05-2011 02:48 PM)CPWigan Wrote:  Australia assistant coach Peter Gentle has thrown his hat into the ring to take over as coach at Hull Kingston Rovers next season.

The Robins confirmed this week that Justin Morgan would be leaving the club at the end of the current campaign, after a successful six-year spell in charge.

Gentle, 42, is currently number two to Tim Sheens at both Wests Tigers and for the Australian nayional side. Although not well-known in this country, his pedigree is high-quality and he was reportedly a contender for the job at Salford City Reds.

“Peter is a quality coach and he definitely wants to coach in Super League,” Gentle’s agent, David Howes, told the Hull Daily Mail.

“Peter has done the hard yards to get to being assistant to Tim for Australia and Wests Tigers.

“He has served his six-year apprenticeship in the NRL, just like Michael Maguire and Stephen Kearney.

“Compared to the other coaches who have been mentioned so far, Peter’s CV is much better.

“At the minute coaches are all applying for the same jobs.”

Gentle was a half-back in his playing days for Western Suburbs in 1986 and for St George Dragons from 1987 to 1989. His coaching career began at Cronulla Sharks in 2004, before he joined Balmain Tigers in 2006.

He was named as the Kangaroos’ assistant coach in 2009, and helped guide them to Four Nations success in England.

http://www.code13rugbyleague.com/2011/08...t-hull-kr/
N.B Many of the comments are from his agent

That looks like something the HDM would write. I'm not saying it isn't true, but the HDM are bloody shocking; you wouldn't wrap your chips in their paper.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)