Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
NRL tempts Roby
11-03-2010, 10:43 AM
NRL tempts Roby
James Roby has hinted he may follow, potentially, in James Graham's footsteps and move to Australia when his St Helens contract runs out at the end of 2011.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 12:05 PM
RE: NRL tempts Roby
That in all honesty would be a disaster for us if both went - although i wouldn't blame them going for a better rugby league career and going for the weather!!

Will saints boost up there salaries to keep them? can we afford it.
11-03-2010, 01:27 PM
(11-03-2010 12:05 PM)saint-red Wrote:  That in all honesty would be a disaster for us if both went - although i wouldn't blame them going for a better rugby league career and going for the weather!!

Will saints boost up there salaries to keep them? can we afford it.

I don't think whether we can currently afford it is the issue, I think we'd sell players on to keep hold of them. I'm not sure of our current salary situation.

I think both deserve the chance, but that doesn't mean I want them to go. From a selfish Saints fan's point of view; Mr McManus, draw them a contract up, now!

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
11-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Would be a blow for the super league and saints, but could be a boost of England Big Grin

i think st's sould try and keep them, but has the new stadium taken away the extra money ???
11-03-2010, 02:45 PM
(11-03-2010 02:42 PM)Martin87 Wrote:  Would be a blow for the super league and saints, but could be a boost of England Big Grin

i think st's sould try and keep them, but has the new stadium taken away the extra money ???

Obviously, from the international point of view this would be a good move,.

The stadium could be a potential blockage in giving them the maga bucks they need or want to stay.

11-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Surely it isn't about money, its about two first class young players wanting to improve their game by testing themselves at a higher level!

It occurs to me that St Helens could enter the 2012 season without Graham, Roby, Pryce, Eastmond and Puletua. Wellens would also be a doubt by then as he will be another year older and may be offered a better deal elsewhere as was Sean Long.

Must be a cause for concern!
11-06-2010, 11:06 AM
(11-03-2010 10:43 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  James Roby has hinted he may follow, potentially, in James Graham's footsteps and move to Australia when his St Helens contract runs out at the end of 2011.

if you have good players this will happen .....you just have to make sure you have new talent coming through ,
11-06-2010, 11:09 AM
(11-06-2010 11:06 AM)gilstrap Wrote:  
(11-03-2010 10:43 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  James Roby has hinted he may follow, potentially, in James Graham's footsteps and move to Australia when his St Helens contract runs out at the end of 2011.

if you have good players this will happen .....you just have to make sure you have new talent coming through ,

Welcome to the forum gilstrap, and yes, you are very correct in saying that it is a credit to Saints' youth system that the NRL are sniffing around our players. Scott Moore can replace Roby and LMS can replace Graham if these rumours come true! Smile

11-06-2010, 03:46 PM
(11-06-2010 11:09 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  

Welcome to the forum gilstrap, and yes, you are very correct in saying that it is a credit to Saints' youth system that the NRL are sniffing around our players. Scott Moore can replace Roby and LMS can replace Graham if these rumours come true! Smile
No disrespect to Moore and LMS but they are not good enough to replace Jammer and Robes.
If they do decide to go to Aus we need to buy top replacements for them both IMO.
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
(11-06-2010 03:46 PM)billie joe Wrote:  
(11-06-2010 11:09 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  

No disrespect to Moore and LMS but they are not good enough to replace Jammer and Robes.
If they do decide to go to Aus we need to buy top replacements for them both IMO.

Not as good, at least not now, but good replacements. And English replacements too, unlike most clubs, we won't delve into the NRL's pensioners to plug gaps.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)