Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
15 of today's XVII from the academy
09-10-2011, 09:05 PM
RE: 15 of today's XVII from the academy
(09-10-2011 07:59 PM)StevenLRL Wrote:  lms didnt celebrate, quins handed the youngsters of saints that game on a plate. could have pushed on and won but they obviously were tired after too many mistakes which gave saints alot of ball in our 10. mark calderwood seemed to get your fans a bit annoyed.

I'm glad LMS didn't celebrate. I think too often in league, not enough respect is paid to former employers; images of Chris Nero screaming with 'joy' in a Huddersfield players face when he moved to Bradford and scored against them. What did Calderwood do?

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2011, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 09:49 PM by H8 WGN.)
(09-10-2011 09:05 PM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  
(09-10-2011 07:59 PM)StevenLRL Wrote:  lms didnt celebrate, quins handed the youngsters of saints that game on a plate. could have pushed on and won but they obviously were tired after too many mistakes which gave saints alot of ball in our 10. mark calderwood seemed to get your fans a bit annoyed.

I'm glad LMS didn't celebrate. I think too often in league, not enough respect is paid to former employers; images of Chris Nero screaming with 'joy' in a Huddersfield players face when he moved to Bradford and scored against them. What did Calderwood do?

We weren't angry with him, the lads in the corner were just winding him up singing 'There's only one Kevin Penny' at him, because he looks like and plays like him Winkn, all in good humour. Louie was highly respectful towards, as well he should be, although did pull down one of the Quins players shorts when he went to shake his hand at the end of the game. Big GrinBig Grin

On the game itself, Saints were well below parr and were there for the taking, I'd like to see our set completion for the first half because I reckon we dropped the ball on every other set. Our passing game also was shocking, way too many balls went over heads, missed the intended targets completely, went forward, and that's when we were passing instead of playing one man rugby like we seemed to do at one stage. We bombed several chances through shocking passes, and 2 tries were disallowed, one right on the stroke of halftime which was a try any day of the week. Shenton was awful IMO today, he needs to realise that part of being a centre is about giving good service to your winger. Not to mention the amount of needless penalties he gave away. He could learn a lot from Wheeler's example today. He creates the space, draws the defenders to him and passes to his winger, who subsequently scores a hat-trick. Wheeler and Armstrong were definately my man of the match today. It was a great combination they had going once they settled into the game.
09-11-2011, 10:48 AM
(09-10-2011 09:41 PM)H8 WGN Wrote:  

We weren't angry with him, the lads in the corner were just winding him up singing 'There's only one Kevin Penny' at him, because he looks like and plays like him Winkn, all in good humour. Louie was highly respectful towards, as well he should be, although did pull down one of the Quins players shorts when he went to shake his hand at the end of the game. Big GrinBig Grin

On the game itself, Saints were well below parr and were there for the taking, I'd like to see our set completion for the first half because I reckon we dropped the ball on every other set. Our passing game also was shocking, way too many balls went over heads, missed the intended targets completely, went forward, and that's when we were passing instead of playing one man rugby like we seemed to do at one stage. We bombed several chances through shocking passes, and 2 tries were disallowed, one right on the stroke of halftime which was a try any day of the week. Shenton was awful IMO today, he needs to realise that part of being a centre is about giving good service to your winger. Not to mention the amount of needless penalties he gave away. He could learn a lot from Wheeler's example today. He creates the space, draws the defenders to him and passes to his winger, who subsequently scores a hat-trick. Wheeler and Armstrong were definately my man of the match today. It was a great combination they had going once they settled into the game.

I've said it before, it should've been Wheeler who replaced Gidley on the right, not Shenton.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
09-11-2011, 11:37 AM
15 of today's XVII from the academy
(09-11-2011 10:48 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  

I've said it before, it should've been Wheeler who replaced Gidley on the right, not Shenton.

There's good reason why he didn't: injury prone. Once he can prove his body can withstand the rigours of SL week in week out he'll have no problem securing a permanent position in the first team but that remains to be seen still. There's no doubt about it, signing Shenton was a shrewd piece of business.
09-12-2011, 05:00 PM
I was just about to start a thread on this. Big raps to St Helens. Well done, lads!!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-16-2011, 08:50 PM
(09-11-2011 11:37 AM)H8 WGN Wrote:  

There's good reason why he didn't: injury prone. Once he can prove his body can withstand the rigours of SL week in week out he'll have no problem securing a permanent position in the first team but that remains to be seen still. There's no doubt about it, signing Shenton was a shrewd piece of business.

And right on cue, the lad's injured again..... I'm gutted for him because he could be a superstar, right up there with the Sam Tomkins's of this world, if he could keep fit. Sadly, his body doesnt seem to be able to handle SL.
09-16-2011, 08:55 PM
(09-16-2011 08:50 PM)H8 WGN Wrote:  
(09-11-2011 11:37 AM)H8 WGN Wrote:  
(09-10-2011 09:05 PM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  I'm glad LMS didn't celebrate. I think too often in league, not enough respect is paid to former employers; images of Chris Nero screaming with 'joy' in a Huddersfield players face when he moved to Bradford and scored against them. What did Calderwood do?

And right on cue, the lad's injured again..... I'm gutted for him because he could be a superstar, right up there with the Sam Tomkins's of this world, if he could keep fit. Sadly, his body doesnt seem to be able to handle SL.

It's getting a bit sad now. He needs a solid pre-season, whether there's a pure core fitness regime for him and his shoulder to sturdy him up physically.

09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
It's not just his shoulder though, which is what makes me think his body unfortunately can't cope with the demands of SL rugby. I don't think its a fitness thing either. His ankles, his quads, his hamstrings, his knees, his back, his shoulder.... all things which have kept him of the game for periods. And he's what, only 21?!?! It's a massive worry but I'm glad the coaches are sticking by him for now, as I said he could be a superstar if he can sort out these injuries. When's his contract up?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)