Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 2.45 Average
Knocking One Out
12-13-2011, 07:54 AM
RE: Fantastic - Peterson beats Amir Khan
im in agreement with cheese, if there is a re-match, khan will wipe the floor with him.
im not a huge fan of khan (froch is way ahead imo), BUT peterson kept walking at khan with his head down, khan wanted to fight, not to have a headbutting contest so what else was there for him to do. khan also scored 2 knockdowns, not 1 as the referee counted him for.
all this 2 points down before he even started the fight nonsense is damaging the image of the sport, khan was the champion, and the challenger should have to beat the champion no matter where the fight is.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
wolfie did you watch the fight?
he couldnt stick to his game plan becuase peterson started coming in with his head low.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
12-13-2011, 06:40 PM
Sometimes you just can't win because judges will have their winner before the fight. Even in schoolboy boxing, my brother fought a lad who came from a boxing family in Leeds and despite hammering him everytime he still lost. He also fought in Bradford against a local lad and the same happened. I was at an exhibition in Meanwood when I was a teenager and a team from Ireland came over and one Irish lad absolutely should have won hands down but the nod was given to one of ours.
12-14-2011, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2011 09:55 PM by Ron.)
[Image: glasschin.jpg]

Glass jaw Kahn better stay away from the big guns, just not good enough.
12-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Lol I have to admit Ron you do come up with some crackers.Big Grin
12-15-2011, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-15-2011 09:38 AM by sinkers89.)
Think Khan got way to ahead of himself wanting to fight Flloyd and Mani. But saying that he did get undercut with the 2 points. Think i saw on Sky sports news this morning about the Khan Team getting the result overturned.

Froch to win on Saturday though.

[Image: 54421928.jpg]
12-15-2011, 09:38 AM
aye, they have sent an appeal which should be decided in the next week....

not sur what ron is on about, the only guy to get knocked down in the fight was peterson.

12-15-2011, 09:41 AM
I dont like the idea that they are appealing it. Seems kinda out of the norm for that sport. Should get back out to america and win it back. Like a true champion.

12-15-2011, 09:44 AM
true, there have been plenty of bad judges and refereeing decisions over the past year and nothing has changed so i doubt this wil make any difference.
the fight will most probably be in las vegas, and i doubt the same judge will get a big fight anytime soon.

12-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeh they stand to loose to much money if the give Khan his belt back. The money spinners can see it now in big flashing lights in vegas ' Khans revenge!'
Not saying they shouldnt use it, but the way Khan has acted after the fight he just seems like a brat throwing his dummy. Instead he should of just been like 'right i lost next time im gonna smash it' and walk straight back into the ring early next year and do the buisness.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)