Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
5 in a row...
10-28-2011, 08:03 AM
RE: 5 in a row...
its a shame other clubs are not up to the same standard, last year they wasnt a grand final team but the failure of others to step up to the mark made sure they endured another GF
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 08:04 AM
could say the same about this season.

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
10-28-2011, 08:06 AM
true but you could say about Leeds then - both came good right part of season and was playing good rugby, I think last season saints just wasnt good enough.
10-28-2011, 08:10 AM
5 in a row...
Saints obviously were good enough or we wouldn't have made it!

I would say all things considered making the grand final last year was more of an achievement than making the grand final in some of the other years.
10-28-2011, 08:44 AM
do you think you was a GF standard team last year though? I'm not belittling your achievment, i'm suggesting you got there because even though you didnt play to your normal standrads other teams just arnt good enough to compete even against a weaker saints team - a problem with the league at the minute
10-28-2011, 11:00 PM
surely the teams who make the GF are the GF standard teams??
11-01-2011, 03:40 PM
(10-27-2011 08:39 PM)bluenosewarrior Wrote:  To lose 5, or V in Roman Numerals, Grand Finals in a row must be difficult for the Saints players and fans alike to stomach. Wouldn't it be funny if all their shirts had a big number 5 on the front to commemorate this and remind the players and fans alike of their massive failure 5 years on the bounce. Imagine if that big number 5 was bright red and filled the front of the shirt?

Big Grin

Or you could say that the big red Vee is for the 5 that we have won!! Your attempt at a wnd up is juvenile & until Wigan have wone 5 Super League titles you would be better advised to keep quiet! St Helens are still the most successful team in the Super League era despite losing 5 grand Finals in a row.
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2011 03:45 PM by LeedsBarmyArmy.)
(11-01-2011 03:40 PM)StMateo Wrote:  St Helens are still the most successful team in the Super League era.

You sure about that?

LeedsLeedsLeedsHeart
11-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Heart RE: 5 in a row...
(11-01-2011 03:45 PM)LeedsBarmyArmy Wrote:  
(11-01-2011 03:40 PM)StMateo Wrote:  St Helens are still the most successful team in the Super League era.

You sure about that?

to be fair Mr Army....gotta hand it to Saints.....look wot they've won....look how often they've come second.....

top top team and no mistake.....

t'mighty Whinos are, of course, a close second......

Heart TeamFluff-AcknowledgingClassWhenSheSeesIt Heart
11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
God your thick labotomy........

Mateo has just told you that Saints have won 5 titles.......along with the numerous runners up........

Add that to all the Challenge Cups and I think that would make them the most succesful.......

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)