Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
2012 Season ticket numbers
02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
RE: 2012 Season ticket numbers
Same here. Another thing I said may but probably wouldn't happen is a 13,000 average for next season. I think we may even beat that on this evidence.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I think this season we will. Next weeks games v Salford will be close to a sell out simply because it's the first league game which means we should have at least 3 sell out/near sell outs this season. We will most likely see a lot more away fans this year to as they will want to see the new ground.

The challenge will be for the club to keep the attendances up after the initial excitement has died down.
02-03-2012, 09:22 AM
True, but I think this five-year season ticket thing has tied fans down, so to speak, and helped out on that score. I think Saints have been on to something to introduce that, in spite of its cost.

"It's the worst signature I've seen. Its mix of homoerotic eulogising and pseudo-philosophical shite makes me sick. Since Hank has had this sig, SLF has gone down the toilet. I hate him. I can't stress that enough. I hope he gets banned." - Kevin Sinfield
02-03-2012, 09:23 AM
(02-03-2012 09:22 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  True, but I think this five-year season ticket thing has tied fans down, so to speak, and helped out on that score. I think Saints have been on to something to introduce that, in spite of its cost.

How many signed up for that though? I wouldn't have thought enough to make a massive impact on average attendances!
02-03-2012, 09:25 AM
(02-03-2012 09:23 AM)Gateaux Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:22 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  True, but I think this five-year season ticket thing has tied fans down, so to speak, and helped out on that score. I think Saints have been on to something to introduce that, in spite of its cost.

How many signed up for that though? I wouldn't have thought enough to make a massive impact on average attendances!

I don't know to be honest. Like I say, with the cost I don't think it was that successful, but I've spoke to quite a few who signed up to it, so it may give us some sort of foundation, so to speak. It was a good scheme in principle at least, and has had a bit of success, not sure on the exact level of it, though, as I say...

02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
It was a good idea in theory. The only reason i didn't go for it was because 5 years is a long time to have to sign up for without knowing what life will throw at you in that time!
02-03-2012, 11:04 AM
i didnt sign up for it.
02-03-2012, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 03:56 PM by H8 WGN.)
(02-03-2012 09:08 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  Jesus, nearing that 10k mark fast. Although I did say it was a possibility, I never honestly thought it would be a sure fire reality. Brilliant work by Saints.

According to one of the papers (can't remember which) we've already hit 10k.
(02-03-2012 09:25 AM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  
(02-03-2012 09:23 AM)Gateaux Wrote:  

I don't know to be honest. Like I say, with the cost I don't think it was that successful, but I've spoke to quite a few who signed up to it, so it may give us some sort of foundation, so to speak. It was a good scheme in principle at least, and has had a bit of success, not sure on the exact level of it, though, as I say...

Most people who signed up for that, I'd imagine although obviously can't be certain, would be the 'die-hard' fans who would usually buy a season ticket every year anyway. And tbh, I don't think it's expensive- £20ish a month.
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
A couple of my mates signed up for the five year deal and 20 quid a month isn't that dear I don't think.
02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Saints have now reached the 10000 mark in season ticket sales

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)