Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SAINTS SHOP
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
SAINTS SHOP
(12-26-2011 04:02 PM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 04:00 PM)Gateaux Wrote:  
(12-26-2011 03:59 PM)Saint Until I Die Wrote:  You can get the Eco-bus as well Wolfie, they run every 20 minutes from town, so shouldn't be a problem location-wise.

Where in town do they run from?

Stop 3 from the bus station. The E11 is the one you want. They may also run from outside the closed Tesco, round the back of Church Square, I think.

Ooh thanks, will look into it for when we take the boys with us!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2011, 12:01 AM
SAINTS SHOP
It's hardly in the middle of nowhere. It's actually in a very accessible location. Bit peeved about the lack of parking facilities provided by the club nevertheless, but I'm hoping that there will be at least a few designated car parks as opposed to just parking somewhere random in the town centre. Not being a local, I'm not too familiar with the actual town.

Back on the topic, I hate the town centre shop, if only for the imbeciles working there. I've never had a pleasant experience there and my visit there last week reaffirmed my dislike for the place. Im hoping the customer service will be better in the new store but I won't hold my breath.
12-28-2011, 01:33 AM
SAINTS SHOP
They weren't allowed to provide parking, something to do with the green travel plan they had to have in place. That is why the bridge was put in to make it more easily accessible from town centre.

The parking is - as agreed with the council - in the town centre car parks, I parked in one when I went last week and was at the ground in under 10 minutes. There is a list of the best places to park on the website.
12-28-2011, 01:43 AM
SAINTS SHOP
It's over Linkway east brings you out towards the hotel which used to be the Hilton hotel.
12-28-2011, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2011 09:06 AM by H8 WGN.)
SAINTS SHOP
(12-28-2011 12:30 AM)wolfie Wrote:  Yes, 5 mins apparently, which I find hard to believe, as you have just said if you dont know st helens town centre, 5 mins may as well be 5 hours, the bus stations a bit random also, not clearly marked

I may not know the town in terms of the parking facilities, but I know exactly where the stadium is in relation to the centre and it's not far at all. I went there last week, seeing as I was up that way. The bridge is fantastic
(12-28-2011 01:47 AM)wolfie Wrote:  That means nothing, guess i'll have to get the club coach

If you want a definitive answer, get in touch with Mike Appleton at info@saintsrlfc.com or on Twitter via @saints1890 . I'm sure he would be happy to help.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-28-2011, 10:05 AM
RE: SAINTS SHOP
They moaned about K/R now we have a fantastic new stadium and people are moaning about parking if you ever went to K/R there was no parking there for the fans so stop moaning until you have been to the new stadium and give us your views then
12-28-2011, 10:08 AM
SAINTS SHOP
For people wanting to use trains the new ground is much better aswell!
12-28-2011, 10:14 AM
SAINTS SHOP
Turn left past running horses, up past old tesco keep going and it's just up there,
12-28-2011, 10:17 AM
RE: SAINTS SHOP
about 5 mins innit...
12-28-2011, 10:18 AM
SAINTS SHOP
They have shut the awful old one Ye there is a new one with the ground

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)