Leave it alone. Super & Middle 8
Keep SL at 12 teams with 1 up 1 down
Increase SL to 14 teams with 1 up 1 down
Return to licensing
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2019 Format
09-13-2018, 07:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2018 07:27 PM by Derbysi.)
2019 Format
So tomorrow there is an extraordinary meeting to thrash out the SL format for 2019.

What do folk think will come out on top?

Personally, I’d return to licensing. If done properly, it works. If the league is expanded to 14, I’d have one up ones down automatically and a playoff system for the second bottom and second top, possibly third bott and third top as well.

Also, I’d the league expands, the loser of the million pound game, plus 6th place in this year’s qualifiers should be promoted. Widnes don’t deserve to be kept up on a technicality.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2018, 07:35 PM
RE: 2019 Format
well, voting for one thing and expecting another to be honest
09-13-2018, 07:45 PM
Me too, cheese. I’m expecting 12 teams, 1 up 1 down. With no security, I think it’ll be the same three or four clubs swapping places every year, whilst the big clubs grow further ahead of the rest. You know, like it used to be. Then the RFL thought” hey, this isn’t working. Let’s try licensing. Oh, hang on, that’s working, but let’s try the super 8s. Ah yes. This is working. Let’s go back to what wasn’t working.”
09-13-2018, 08:32 PM
licensing is the only format that gave a genuine opportunity.... shame really.
09-14-2018, 01:46 AM
I was reading Dave Woods article on the Beeb about this and lower league clubs are accusing Super League clubs of Money and Power grabbing. Leeds apparantly are opposing the SL clubs.
He ( Woods ) reckons it will probs be stalemate and it will be more talks before anything happens.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep ?
09-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Gone 20 years back. Now voting on expanding championship to 14 teams both york and Bradford could be promoted tonight. It's a joke.

[Image: BULLieve%2Bnew%2B2.jpg]
Slfans challenge cup predicton champion 2015, 2016.
09-14-2018, 05:03 PM
FOLLOWING AN EMG MEETING, THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND LEAGUE 1 ADVISORY GROUP HAVE COME TO A CONCLUSION REGARDING THE FUTURE OF THE RESPECTIVE LEAGUES.
The Betfred Championship structure expands to a 14 team competition in 2019 with all teams playing each other once home and away, plus Summer Bash, ending with a play-off series for the top five teams with the winner promoted to Super League, and relegation for the bottom two clubs.

To get to a 14 team Betfred Championship at the end of this current season two teams from Betfred League 1 will be promoted. As has always been planned this season, the team finishing top of League 1 will be automatically promoted.

Teams 2 to 5 will then play semi-finals with the winners of the Promotional Final being promoted. The final place in the Betfred Championship for 2019 will be decided by a Play-off Final between the team that finishes bottom of the Championship Shield and the loser of the Promotional Final.

Tough ask for league 1 team lose a final gutted but got to lift the following week to play Rochdale for a second chance.

09-14-2018, 06:23 PM
if 14 in the champ , how many does that leave in league 1??
09-14-2018, 09:26 PM
That goes down too 12 teams, I think 14 in super league and 14 in championship with 10 in league 1. Would of been the best option makes the lesser teams in league 1 more competitive been a smaller league. Still when you come top of championship in 2019 you don't get promoted it's a 5 team play off. Least bottom super league goes straight down. Top should be straight up then a play off.

09-14-2018, 09:34 PM
if you finish top in champ.... should defo be a promotion..

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)