Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tigers 2019
11-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Tigers 2019
(11-14-2018 05:08 PM)whotobeA Wrote:  Wardle has potential to get back to being as good as he was but we already have very decent back rowers & he’s been very poor when played centre. I’d imagine he isn’t cheap so if he wants a move we shouldn’t stand int way.

For me he’s a better centre all day long!
I’d happily take him back on our left. Him and Ferres were a right pairing- look at them both now- overweight and doing nowt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2018, 09:32 AM
RE: Tigers 2019
See, I always thought he was a better 2nd row - but agreed, both over weight and contributing nothing

COYF
11-16-2018, 09:38 AM
Tigers 2019
He defo played his best rugby as a centre for us. Without doubt.
He put on too much size in Aus and he doesn’t carry it well for me.
Wonder if he’s regretting his choice to go to Aus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-19-2018, 10:15 PM
As it stands, the Tigers have yet to recruit in the off season, having already brought in Peter Mata’utia and Liam Watts midway through 2018, but Wells says he is excited about having the chance to see several players take the next step in their development next year as the team aims to build on their play-off semi-final defeat to eventual champions Wigan Warriors.

“The signings of Liam and Peter were considered and thought out, and the club paid significant transfer fees to do our business,” Wells told castlefordtigers.com

“They have added a great deal to this squad and with the benefit of a full pre-season in our environment at Castleford we’re confident that we will continue to step up in 2019, especially when you add in the ongoing development of players like Jake Trueman, the reigning Super League Young Player of the Year.

“We are working within the constraints of a salary-capped sport and you’ve seen a number of key players such as Jake sign new and upgraded contracts, and that consistency in the squad can be a real strength.

“There certainly won’t be wholesale changes and the emphasis right now is on finding possibly one more addition if we can. We’re constantly looking to do that but we very much like this squad and believe it does have the potential to challenge for trophies, irrespective of whether new recruits arrive or not.
——
So it seems we’re going with what we’ve got :/
11-19-2018, 10:35 PM
i like the confidence in bringing on young players though.
11-20-2018, 09:45 AM
I think if a quality centre comes up, then we'll go for it, but if not then we won't. I thought we might have gone in for Ryan Morgan at Saints

COYF
11-20-2018, 09:59 AM
are cas skint?! or have they handed out some hefty pay increases for some of the squad?

"He's the best coach I've had.His mix of man-management and his game plan is second to none.Since Brian has been in charge,we've been in every final so far.I love playing for him.I can't praise him enough,I've so much respect for him." Kevin Sinfield
11-20-2018, 12:26 PM
There have been a number of increased deals.

Money isn't an issue, it's getting the right quality of player and calibre. JW and DP have said they have changed their minds on a few players at the last minute as they wouldn't fit the culture he's building at Cas

COYF
02-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Happy with the start so far!
02-16-2019, 03:41 PM
Me too - missing some players, but got the results and the attitude looks spot on

We'll only get better

COYF

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)